Older Drivers?

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 311
Alright so really random but I am apart of a thing through the YMCA called Youth and Government, anyway I am up to debate a bill that says that people over the age of 70 should have to take a test every 2 years to keep their drivers liscence.

1) what are your thoughts on this....good/bad lets see if u have any ideas i havent thought of or if i can defend this bill properly.

2) any ida on statistics i can use. I was trying to find some on how people loose their senses around 70 so its harder for them to drive....
mostly i just them on how crappy old people are as drivers...like Farmers Market and stuff saying that 1 in every 3rd older person driver gets in a fatal accident.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1208
GOOGLE IT!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3173
well technically its age discrimintaion not that i wouldnt mind seeing it happen lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 1038
they shuold make them take the test every 2 years or so. my grandparents are good at driving surprisingly. my grandpa follows every rule possible, he hits his warning lights wen backing up and puts them on when its drizzling outside. oh and he drives a big-a$s charter bus for a living.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 528
Thats illogical. In no way are the 50 and 60 year olds in Congress and Senate going to help pass a bill that will restrict their chances of maintaining a drivers liscense when they're 70.

Old people aren't really dangerous on the road; they're just annoying. Teens cause twice as many wrecks as older folks. No one is trying to pass a bill saying we don't know how to drive.

Old people are wiser than us young people, and they have a good perspective on life. They realize life is more important than gettin somewhere a couple minutes faster.

Does anyone know that by driving 10 miles an hour over the speed limit, on average, you save somewhere between 3-5 minutes?

So all in all, if you feel like wasting your time writing up a bill that will probably be dismissed or vetoed by a 98% vote in house and senate than do it. Just be sure to get The Congressional Report (Records of daily activities, every word said is recorded in this book. Kind nifty, eh?) of the day that it is voted for on. because it would be cool to say that you proposed a bill to senate.

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 204
how about re wording it to be the same thing like lets say your a real loafer and you get your license at 18 ok after 50 years of driving you have to get it renewd by a driving test if you pass 100% then your clear but if you do poorly then you don't get the your liscense. If you get in an accedent around the age of 50+ then depending on how bad it was like hitting a pole vs hitting someone else like the that old fu*ck that ran over 10 people on tv. then your liscense is suspended for 1-5 years or so. but word it to fit the specs without realy mentioning age. and it might work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us