Ot: PS3 is junk

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 474
I know a lot of you guys are huge PS3 fans but this really was one of the stupidest moves done by Sony. It cost Sony two billion dollars to release the PS3's and they only release half of what Wii did. Sony already released a 70% recall on there ps3. Another downfall to the system is it plays 1080p but the games are only designed to 1080i. Which is no better than the Xbox 360. Anyone else feel the same way about Playstations move?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2664
^^^^ noob

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1698
wrong section.....ya but sony should have fixed it so that there werent so many recalls.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 584
and they are losing close to $500 on each console sold

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4212
^^ nope. 249 on each console sold.

and yes, i believe sony (like i said a while ago) was done for. people on the ps3 forums are ALL talking bout about the ps3 and how dissapointed they are, haha. funny stuff. i feel that there are gonna be alot of potential PS people comin over to the 360.. :-)

wrong section tho!

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 476
noob? Lilrob, how in any way is my information newbie material. I have been working with electronics for over 5 years. I am a lead salesman at Sears and am highly informed on all the new technologies involving tvs, cameras, camcorders, and game systems.

Jesse I heard something like that too but after some other research I found that it was a lot less more like 200 each system which is still a lot for Sony to lose.

The guy down the hall bought a PS3 and his is already having problems the bottom heats up like no other and overall the picture quality really is not worth the 600. By the way this is on a new Sony KDL-40XBR2 so its not the tv giving the bad picture. The blueray movies are great the games just arent what we expected.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 477
Sorry about the wrong section, my bad.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 586
Hey bassman...thats enough out of you. Really though $250 times however many they sell equals a BIG Loss. Any loss in business is no good.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1217
My guess Lilrob is a ps3 owner/lover/wanter????

Bronze Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 91
hey i have a ps3 on ebay for sale on ebay check it out...item #250052285627

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4214
sony hopes to gain back all their money in the software that they will have later one...

and yes, any people are having problems with their ps3 overheating, and i posted a link the the OT section with a game on the ps3 looking abolutely horrible, with half the car missin and such :-(

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 506
na its alright, they can get over it. and nevermind lilrob, he sometimes makes totally irrelevant remarks like he did above.

and that PS3 sounds like a piece of poo. ill never buy one......

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4216
http://www.xbox360forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20603

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1218
Wait 6 months, I know it's hard, but the price will come down when they realize their gamble didn't pay off. The surge this season is all "mental". I've waited on buying the psone, ps2, and will wait on ps3. It WILL follow the same routine.

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 258
ps2 had a bunch of problems when it came out too. The companies know going in that they are not going to make a lot of money on the system. They do however make a boat load on the games! For the first year or so they won't even begin to tap in to the potential of the system. Game designers have to learn the new platform. I think sony will be fine. I'm still not going to buy one. 600 is outrages!!

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

12w6v2s, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 259
Paul,
I'm sad dude. No pics lately. Can I atleast get a monkey with a red as* or something so I can laugh???

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1724
Wii released a lot more to try to compete with PS3s..

I still won't buy a PS3.. not until they are a lot cheaper and have the bugs worked out..

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8870
people know all this going in...but they still get their hopes up and STILL complain when they have problems and they STILL are the first to bash it...Xbox360 had its problems too guys...give it time

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2091
I wouldn't be proud about working for Sears, I know you are a little bit further north than my delivery area but I am about to reach further that Grafton/Sussex which means I will be bringing Bestbuy home deliveries to your area REAL soon! There is a reason why we are #1 :-) Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2665
haha polo metoo.

im a ps3 owner lover and i dont know wat more?? nope i dont have one and im gettin one by next year. :-)

ok man i know u know alot of stuff because u work at sears,i do know some decent sutff too but ur saying that the ps3 its not worth it??

wii have sensing remote, xbox 360 plays halo and ps3 do anything but halo wat more do you want man.

U will only be getting the wii because of the zelda game and nintendo licensing games like mario brothers because the wii works only at 480p. and the overheating on the ps3?? ok man xbox had that too, so call sony they will replace it and to be honest the info that i know is that the ps3 doesn't have overheating problems, thats rumors xbox people wants consumer to know to make the xbox win.

and ur sayin all the games are at 1080i??? ur full of cr@p they are designed on wat their makers wants u see the games some games are at 720p some at 1080p and some at 1080i they are made at that resolution but the ps3 output is selectable so u can select it at 1080p on everything with the hdmi out, so what that means is that the 720p will be up converted at 1080p bump done. and 1080i will only be change at 1080p juzz like the dvds that come standar at 480i so ur dvd makes them look at 480p with th e touch of a button.

and theres some website of the xbox 360 sayin that the ps3 will never make it and sayin how sony is doing everything worng that is bullcr@p dont listen to anyone unless theres facts.

and if SONY is loosing 250 for each ps3 made THATS great instead of you complaining about how sony is loosing money u should find a way to jack sony up :-) . because of the technology if you read the news, u get inform on the us army and if u have someone who works at us army they will tell you that the ps3 is so high end that it cost more than 600 dollars the us army is changing his computers to computers with custom made ps3 cpu's the cpu called "the cell" so brother ur a noob for complaining sh1t that u don't clearly understand no offense bro no hear felling is still good in the hood :-)

lilrob :-)

and if you already payed over 1k dollars of an hdtv wtf man your dvd's will only look the same as one 480p tv ull need a dvd that is designed to produce hd content so if your pretty smart and thinkin of buying a bluray or hddvd for your tv u will be spending over 600 dollars for a player of that type so u should get a ps3 so u will get a extra of gettin a ps3,ps2,ps1, card reader, dc player, sac player, mp3 player and tons of stuff, for liek free, and yup the bluray and hddvd will be standar pretty soon forget about dvd's now :-)

read this carefully,

u think sony will let their billions of dollar invested fall???

not only will sony lose, it will lose, toshiba,ibm and sony. and dont think sony owns toshiba and ibm those are separate corporations, u think these manufactures will let the ps3 go down??? sony toshiba and ibm are 5 times powerfull than microsoft and 5 billgates.

so dont think ps3 is trash please go educate yourself before u start complaining something that u dont completely understand.

lilrob :-) ( again)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4217
www.ps3forum.com

people are VERY VERY dissapointed acorss the US with their ps3 consoles in terms of how the game looks (grpahics wise etc) people were expecting alot more from a 600 dollar system. but really there is no diff in graphics, which is what people want.

and its not about halo anymore.. its about gears of war :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8905
how can people complain when a computer to play games at that caliber would cost you 1000-2000 dollars!?!?!?!?! i don't get it....

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4218
just because of expectations i guess

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1227
6 years ago a portable dvd player with a 12" screen would set you back at least 8 bills. A notebook computer that played dvds was about a grand. Why buy the portable? Cause it's new and different, not because it's smart. Look at portable dvd players now, $80 for an 8". All about exclusivity, just like the PS3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us