Yfz450 vs ltz450

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2482
well over the winter im gonna sell my blaster and upgrade to a 450 but im not sure on which model to get, i really like the yfz450 but the ltz450 is lookin very good to, so which would choose and why, i like yamaha over suzuki but im either bike is great.

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 603
What kind of riding are you into? Neither of those are real good for trail riding, they're more for racing. But if I where to choose out of those two, I would pick the R450. One, it is faster, and two, it just looks awsome. I am a Honda fan all the way, so if it were me, I would get a 450R. Great for trail riding because it isn't as wide as those two. I don't race but my friend and his dad do. They both have fully modded 450R's and come in at least 3rd every race. They run hare scrambles every Sunay. I went to watch them a few times and I have never seen a YFZ or LTR racing with them because they are too wide for the trails.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

HD3, Www.Audioque... United States

Post Number: 2545
Yea^^^Id look into the 450R.

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2484
my brother has a 450r, and i don't like it, the front end is way to light everytime you get in the throttle the front end comes up, and what do you mean the yfz450 is too wide, yfz450-46.1 inchs wide and the 450r-46.3 inchs wide so the honda is acutally wider than yfz.

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2487
bump

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2489
well i think im gonna go with the yfz450, i was lookin on atv forums and every1 says that stock for stock the yama beats the suzi everytime, nice can't wait to get one then race my brothers and see who has the fastest kwad.

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 606
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFzwv13Ygl0

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2492
Mod'd TRX450R vs. Mod'd Yamaha YFZ450
450r specs: HMF pipe, 13.1:1 Wiseco, HCS2, Airbox Lid off, 14t sprocket, 170lb. rider weight

YFZ specs: ALBA pipe, K&N Filter, Airbox Lid off, 13t sprocket, 130lb. rider weight.

i hope the 450r would win, it has a 13.1:1 compression piston, and i think the yfz only has a 11.1:1 stock, plus it has other stuff done to it, and so the yama has a pipe the high comp.piston makes up for it on the 450r, and they don't say what year the yfz is, the 04 and 05's only have 439cc and the old cams while the 06 and newer have 449cc and redesigned cams which give about 3more HP than the old ones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us