OT car alarm??

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 487
Whats a good but cheap car alarm?

also anyone know what the going rate is to have one installed? or could i do it very easily myself?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 964
got me a viper 350V or something like that, 350 something, at bestbuy done for like 250. I didn't really trust a car audio shop, best buy is a big company so I chose them for my alarm only. Audio wise, nah.

Silver Member

Post Number: 492
Thanks.anyone else know/ or have any opinions?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1647
those bulldog alarms seem really cheap, but actually they are pretty nice. they are like 50 bucks at auto zone or w/e, and they easily get the job done.

mine goes off when any voltage changes in the car (ex. when the handle is pulled and light goes on, or when any light changes in your car).

so really even if they broke into the trunk, when the light goes off, the alarm will go off, so it doesnt really matter.

also when hit harder than just a tap, it will go off. you can set sensitivity. also comes with a remote.

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
hmm how eassily can they be installed or should i have it done professionally?

Gold Member

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1649
the bulldog im talking about is very easy to install. you just wire the red wire to a fuse, and then u screw the alarm into the car somehwere under the hood. just predrill the holes, and use self-tapping screws like you would for doing a ground. theres a ground wire u have to put on the alarm too, but thats the easiest part.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 228
i had some instructions on how to install car alarms and they spelled it out pretty good but it looks really tedious and you have to be able to check wires and get relays for everywhere.

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
sweet, that bulldog sounds pretty good, is it just an alarm or a keyless entry too?

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 510
791XV by viper. thats what I have and it is TOP OF THE LINE!!! only like 250 on ebay. defiantly recommend professional install though

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 218
any form of alarm on a car with something you value (and when its car audio, cherish!) will benefit you, if u cant afford something like a viper with all the bells and whistles yet, go for that bulldog thing he was talken about.

my buddies stuff got jackt this week, no alarm :/

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 989
I came up with a couple of ways to keep your car secure and locked. If your back seats fold down for a coupe or sedan, get twisted steel wire, bolt it on to a place on your trunk, and secure it down somewhere on the other end so they can't open your trunk. I think I'll give better examples when I do it myself with pictures, just been lazy. Its no alarm, but they can't get to the valuables :D.

Gold Member

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1651
the bulldogs have just a remote with arm, disarm, finder, and panic. not keyless entry.... but still good alarm. i dont see how any would get into my car without it going off. no matter what any opening of the car, a light will turn on, making the light go out. and when u set the sensitivity, i dont see someone breaking a window to get it, it goes off when someone taps it with ur foot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us