Future for my new Mag

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1146
Suggestions appreciated. For the car bassheads who will be disappointed with the use of my 15" Mag, I am truly sorry. My $$ so deal with it.
Anyway, Since I do not drive a vehicle that supports the use of a large subwoofer enclosure, I am limited to my bass needs when I drive. However, when I'm at home, it's a different story. I compensate the lack of bass I get with my home stereo receiver by building large subwoofer enclosures powered by plate amps. VERY effective in Home Theater. (There's nothing like shaking the dishes upstairs during a movie).
So, I have been using a custom built (by me) subwoofer system using (4) 10" 250w subs in a 7 cu box powered by a 500w Bash plate amp. Bumps Nice!!Upload Like any addiction, it gets easy to want more.
This is where the Mag comes in. These have been used before in HT with great results. Kevin from low-hz sent me the link.http://www.stereointegrity.com/hometheater.html Scroll down to see. My application is strictly a 4cu ported box tuned to 27/28hz, straight from SI. The hungry Mag will be powered by a 1000w plate amp at 4ohms.I'm thinking of an inverted design with the sub firing down into the box, showing off the sexy motor structure!! Then encasing the sub with a plexiglass box cover, protecting it. Pretty obvious question next. Would the plexiglass box covering the inverted sub have any affect on the design??? Meaning, the inverted sub would be in an airtight space firing into the ported box. How do I go about stablizing the negative pressures inside the plexiglass enclosure generated by the sub when it's powered? Vent the plexiglass enclosure as well??
I am great with woodworking and have all the tools. The box will be simple in design and will be covered in carpet with a SI logo on the front detailed into the carpet. That is if I can find an SI logo. Haven't so far.
So this is where I am, waiting for the price of the group buy Mag to keep dropping, and still planning for the home theater sub to kill all!!! Any tips???

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8788
you better post Upload when you get that thing and get it installed...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1881
ha ha that thing will be awesome im definatly getting a 12 but if the price is right i might get a 15 too!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us