ABC Westover Road second worse cinema in Bournemouth!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2785
Upload

Second run down cinema in Westover Road Bournemouth, the ABC which sadly has been owned by Odeon yes the slimy ole "Wet Fish". Well over the years the one thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was the quality and the reproduction of the sound!

The screen in question is screen #1

Thou image the of DVD can never top 35mm or even 70mm it's the pen and ink sound system there I really sticks. There chief projectionist Darren Payne likes to brag it's great when then fact of the matter is he is negligent and careless in handling the cinema fade on the Dolby CP-200! He likes to turn it why up and curse damage to nearly £800.00 pounds of JBL sub bass when knowing for well it was being underpowered by the amplification.

Upload
This is where this robbers take your hard earned cash of £7.50, I would be happier if they charged £5.00 the very least £4.50, as that's all its worth when it comes to sound quality.

Now this gave me nearly 9 years of crap sound to listen because every time the subwoofer channel LFE.1 cuts in it made a horrible popping sound! Hence it was pushed beyond the working technical tolerances also he damaged the surround loudspeakers, where for years they performed fairly until someone let him lose on it.

The site may have had the JBL drivers replaced with newer ones in the JBL 4645 enclosure, where x4 are now in use. Surrounds have been all replaced with JBL 8330 x14 in all and the sides are placed in the worse position imaginable where the backs are not even close with the walls. Thou the Dolby CP-200. has 1/3 27 band equalisers that can compensate for this, it will only do all the surrounds as the site is not running Dolby -EX along with the Dolby DA-20 Digital decoder which is plugged into the Dolby CP-200.

So where the sides and back need independent equalisers along with separate amplification, basically there stuffed, the last time I was there I could hardly hear the surrounds even from the front, and let me tell you I have sat in the front in the pass and heard the surrounds crystal clear. Its all down to the donkey, who aligned and calibrated the sound system clearly doesn't give a toss anymore and getting overpaid too much for doing a piss poor job with the sound system where it can really perform well when the right person is on hand.

I sure hope they don't get damaged by a donkey projectionist, I mean can you imagine a donkey lacing up a projector!

Upload
Here is the "night fox" clan saying quite clearly...

So the ABC Odeon Westover Road has been named and shammed as the second worst sounding cinema in Bournemouth avoid this cinema at all costs! The frigging ticket price is £7.50! Where you can go to the Empire and pay around the same and get perfect comfort perfect picture and perfect sound at a whooping 56KW where the ABC doesn't even come near to 10KW LOL much less 7KW what a Donkey of a Lemon site it is.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1260
Did you work there or something?

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2786
Joe

Work at that site you have got to be kidding the site is a joke.

Would you pay £8.20 to sit in a place that is poor sound quality, where the screen channels don't offer anything as special than a few hundred watts per screen channel?

It's true some home cinemas just beat the living daylights out of substandard cinemas with ease

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2787
Here are a few more ABC ODEON wet fish pictures. Wow the outside looks like a dismal and very grim looking I wouldn't take dog to that place!

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1266
I know mine beats the crap out of most I've been to.

Username: Lucky7

Post Number: 2
Mr Wetfish revealed :-

Ashley Carpenter/Andy Summers - Tyre-slasher jailed for 16 months
CCTV footage
Carpenter was captured on CCTV
A cyclist who slashed 1,728 car tyres after being soaked by a motorist has been jailed for 16 months.

Ashley Carpenter, who admitted slashing the tyres in 10 days, was sentenced at Bournemouth Crown Court on Thursday.

He pleaded guilty to eight specimen charges of damaging the vehicles at Dorset Magistrates' Court on 24 March.

It was said Carpenter, from Dorset, launched his campaign against motorists in December 2003, after being splashed when a car drove through a puddle.

Screwdriver clue

The 37-year-old, of Walpole, Boscombe, left a bill of £250,000 after damaging 548 cars, lorries and vans parked in Christchurch and Bournemouth.
Ashley Carpenter
Carpenter used a screwdriver to puncture tyres

Unemployed Carpenter randomly punctured the tyres with a screwdriver in a warning message to drivers.

He was arrested after police analysed footage from CCTV and later discovered the screwdriver in his flat.

Recorder Stephen Lennard said: "In December last year, motivated by frustration and anger at what you considered to be the inconsiderate manner of motorists as experienced by you as a cyclist and a pedestrian, you embarked on your astonishing and extraordinary campaign.

"The scale of the damage and the financial consequences of it are breathtaking."

Mr Lennard said the five weeks Carpenter had already spent in jail would be taken into account and he would serve half the sentence before being released on licence.

Upload

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23282
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums