2 Monitors, 1 Desktop, 1 Server in progress

Username: Cromation

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if anyone could help with my monitor question. I have dual monitors running on my desktop and am just starting on my server running windows server 2008 to mess around with. I was wondering if there was an easy way to swap my secondary monitor off and to the server without buying a KVM switch cause every KVM I find for a decent price so far only works with VGA. If anyone could possibly give me a little extra incite that would be awesome.

Username: Cromation

Post Number: 2
Also i tried just running server through VGA and desktop through DVI but for some reason Server setup on the VGA just wont show up on screen.

Username: Ford

Post Number: 4
Many portable computers and some desktop computers (those with two video ports on one video card), you can expand your display to a second monitor by using Dualview. Dualview is very similar to the multiple monitor feature, with the exception that you cannot select the primary display. On a portable computer, the primary monitor is always the LCD display screen. On a desktop computer, it is the monitor that is attached to the first video out port. Once you attach the second monitor and turn on your computer, use the Display tool in Control Panel to configure your settings, just as you do with multiple monitors. You can use Dualview with docked or undocked portable computers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us