My audio files changes when i transfer to my lap top(held needed)

Username: Tyhee

Post Number: 1
Hi, can some one held me out please, i have a 230gb external hard drive, with about 80gb free, the rest is music files which i have, when i transfer some to my lap top, the file changes, some songs play for about 10 sec and then changes into another file, it does that for most of my audio files, it changes some folders also, and i reallly don't know whats causing that...help is needed, please help me, so i won't lost my files, i have already deleted alot. for instance if i have a song title "umbrella" in a folder when i play it i would hear some other songs which just start from any part of the song.. please help me... email me somebody please.... tyhee_159@hotmail.com

Bronze Member
Username: Matthawkins

Post Number: 36
Do you use iTunes?

I've seen this happen with people who use iTunes. Basically it screws up all the files. The data is there just jumbled up with random file names.

The only other explanation is the file allocation table on the hard drive is corrupted so the drive has lost the ability to correctly piece together the data.

Best bet is just bin the drive, buy a new one and restore from backup. You did have a backup, right?

Username: Tyhee

Post Number: 2
i did not use i tunes, i use win-amp or win-media player to play my files,but i think its the drive that has the issue, i scan it, i fix the bad sectors etc,but still messed up my files and i did not have a back up,that's the bad thing...so some of my audio got lost..thanks for your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us