A lot of contagious files - how do i remove them

Username: Shane1234567

Post Number: 3
hiya all

i just had a computer of my parents for free to put in my new home for some internet use fo rmy self, very thoughtful off them

but i took all the pics, music etc etc of it as i didnt want there stuff on here

well chatting to a mate and he said do a dick defragment on the comp to make it faster, well i done that

i did notice a load off contagious files when i did it, it was about 70% off the screen full of them..

any idea how i remove them,
my mate said to remove windows and re install windows XP and turn it back to factory setting and then start adding my own stuff back on

any ideas and help will be great

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 383
contagious files?

never heard of them

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 993
contiguous files! (well chatting to a mate and he said do a dick defragment ) ? wow

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 4565
sounds like you have spyware

try this to remove it all

http://dl.phazeddl.com/2733227/PC_Tools_Spyware_Doctor_8.0.0.602/if this file doesn't work please let me know and I will find one that does

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 16000
x2

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 50
malwarebytes works well. the free version should update and remove all of the spyware thats on your pc.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 16834
thats another option

Username: Pkenny01

Post Number: 3
Contiginous means that the files are in the right order with the different parts of the file next to each other. (This is what a disk defragmentation does - I liken it to putting all the things needed for baking a cake in the same kitchen cupboard, this would be faster than if they are spread out over the different cupboards).

Contagious means could be virus ridden. I'd try either search and destroy spybot or lavasoft adaware (both free and good)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us