Web Pages Display Problem On My Emachines PC...

Bronze Member
Username: Ronsweet2

Post Number: 23
Hello:

I recently bought an Emachines EL1300G-02w PC using a Windows XP platform. After about a week, I was having problems viewing web pages when I uninstalled the Norton's NIS that came pre-installed (or perhaps when I changed some configs in Control Panel). Basically the problem is, web sites I view never look quite right--text is jagged or things are missing. Like for example, msnbc.com, my home page. I don't see their header anymore (see the attachment, and compare with how it SHOULD look at www.msnbc.com.) Also, I am attaching another screen print of another site and you see how it SHOULD look here: www.mjphotoscollectors.com. Another example, my GoDaddy webmail, the text from the all of buttons is now invisible. All of this was fine when I first got the PC.

1) It is NOT an "IE" issue (I use IE 8.0), because I have used several other browsers (including Firefox--see attached) and have the EXACT same issue.
2) It is NOT a "cache" issue. I have dumped cache and restarted several times, with no changes.
3) It is NOT an internet security issue. It is set to Medium-High (the default) and changing it to other settings has had no effect
4) It is NOT a firewall issue. I had been using McAfee SecurityCenter, and I did a complete uninstall and the problem still persisted.

I do NOT want to have to bring the PC back or do a system restore because I have a lot of data on this PC.

Any ideas?

Ron

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 903
pictures?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?