TV as computer screen?

Username: Attywsw

Groveland, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Sorry I'm a real novice. Can I use my TV as a computer screen? I was to subscribe to MLB.com and watch baseball games. What do I need? How do I do it? Can I do it with a laptop? I have a Samsung 6167 61" TV.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12159
if you have a conventional, non HD CRT television, don't bother.. it looks HORRIBLE.
If you have a plasma, LCD, or DLP HDTV with HDMI or DVI input, you can connect a video card with DVI output right to the TV, and configure the video drivers for the television's resolution.

Username: Babydollcgc

i want to hook up my pc to my t.v and use it as a monitor..i got the cord and hooked it all up , i can get sound but the t.v screen says invalid signal? what do i need to do?

Username: Cdavidson

hi iam trying to use my tv as my moniter i hooked up a vga to a vga dvi adapter to a dvi to hdmi adapter but iam getting no picture i was told i have to do somthing in my settings in my computer i have no idea what thoughs settings r can some one help me please

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15573
Welcome to eCoustics cdavidson!

You don't take the easy way to hook your PC!

The easy way is buy a new Graphic card with a HDMI output!

Is your Graphic card is built-in on the mother board?

The problem with your setup is that the graphic chips will not recognize your TV like a monitor then you will not get a picture!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us