Problem with VGA on my LCD-TV

Username: Brokev03

Post Number: 1
So I got a nice new Samsung LNS1952W 19" widescreen LCD TV. It has s-video, DVI, VGA, component and AV inputs. All of them work as expected when connecting to my PC, except for the VGA (the one I really want). What I get with the VGA is a really pink/red tinted screen. I can see the desktop and everything, and it is at the right resolution and such, but the tint is very red, and adjusting the colors in the TV's menu doesn't help much. I've tried connecting the TV to different computers, and I get the exact same result. Is this just a busted TV, or is there some way to get around this problem? Is there any chance that my cheap VGA cord could be altering the color is such a profound way? Has anyone else even heard of this happening before?

Thanks a ton for any help!

Username: Mitsuy

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have the same TV and have the same problem, the tint is very green. Maybe is my cheap VGA cable that I bought at BestBuy, did you have any luck trying to fix your image?
Cheers

Username: Brokev03

Post Number: 2
I took it back to Circuit City for a replacement. The problem was in the actual TV...one of the pins was fried on the TV's VGA connection, most likely the one carrying one of red's opposite colors (green or blue I guess).

Username: Mitsuy

Post Number: 2
Hi thank you for your answer! i just called samsung customer service and I had a very bad time talking with the customer service lady. She doesn't want to recognise my problem she said that is not my tv, is my laptop manufacturer. I know is the TV, i tried with another computer and I have the same problem. I'm so angry... so I have replace it right? but samsung doesn't what to hear me...
Thanks for your reply.

Bronze Member
Username: Aymantn

Post Number: 25
This Samsung LCD problem is related to the VGA cable, try with a new one.

Bronze Member
Username: Aymantn

Post Number: 27
This is a video tutorial about LCD repair :
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts