Monitor to Tv

Username: Flash138v

Post Number: 1
Dose anyone know how to hook up a computer to tv so i can use it as a monitor??

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 321
If you have a video card with a composite or S-video out you can hook it up. You can also buy adapters to change your computer's video out to whatever the best connection on your tv is.

Post Number: 3
thanks man, average price because i dont have an S-video

Post Number: 4
i dont think??

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
Oh sorry I wasn't paying much attention the last few hours...

Anyway, are you asking me to get an average price if you want to hook it up? If so, PLEASE tell me what connections are on your current video card and tv, then I'll come up with a good solution as quickly as I can.

Post Number: 5
its cool , i just appricate the help but i dont really kno much about this stuff, im trying to make my pc into a crazy media center , i just got subs n such for xmas but anyways i took pictures because i dont really know what im talkin about

heres my pc
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_c521?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Upload

and TV

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
Well looking at the computer I'm not sure if it has an S-video out or not! I'm assuming it does (tell me if I'm wrong) so I recommend you just get a good S-video cable and plug 'er in. All you have to do is go to properties from the desktop then set your primary monitor output to S-video.
You can do a google search to figure that out.
If you don't have an S-video output you can get the card from Dell I suspect for not too horrible a price.

Anyway, I once decided to hook my media center computer to my home theater. It was surprisingly easy! I just hooked the Coax digital output to my home theater receiver and the video out to my receiver also. I hooked one of my receiver's S-video outs to the input of my computer for recording. I also hooked one of the receiver's digital outs to the computer's digital input.

Good luck~!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us