P4 2.8 processor. how to tell bad? help??

Username: Jglenn66

Ohio

Post Number: 1
i have just built a computer using a PT800DBR MOBO.and has a ATX PWSUPPLY. have all leds in the pwsupply has a ATX 12V PW CONN 4 PIN, 20 PIN CONN. AND A ATX P9 PW CONN ON MOBO. does all these need to be plugged in have the 12v 4pin,20pin plugged in but not atx p9? but anyway it'll pwrup&dwn by tower switch all pwrsup but the monitor won't it won't pwr on green light it only dim orange/yellow lights on monitor light. what will cause the monitor not to fully come on or display bootup? processor bad?

Username: Acharon

Kenosha, Wi USA

Post Number: 6
Is this a "flat screen type monitor"? If so do you have a compatable video card installed on the computer with the proper digial connection being utilised. If not, does your monitor have an analog mode as well that you would be able to hook a standard type monitor connection rather than the digital type. From what it sounds like to me is your monitor is in some sort of standby mode because it is not getting a signal from the computer.(reason being improper connection, lack of proper video card, missing driver, etc.) I am reasonably sure though it has absoulotely nothing to do with your processor. Also if none of those gives you any resolve you could try a good ol fashioned monitor that you know works just to make sure it isnt a cpu issue.

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1168
In order to have video you have to plug the ATX P9 also, otherwise there is no way you can get video.......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us