Cd burning queries

Bronze Member
Username: Jamshed

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 21
I am currently using normal CD-R discs for burning audio tracks to be played on my hi-fi. I recently learned that there are special disc's availible for doing this, i.e., "Music Cd-R's". Does using these make any significant change in the sound quality when played back?
Moreover, I use the Windows media player 10 to burn audio CD's rather than Nero. I usually apply volume leveling in the media player before burning. Is this the same as normalising (RMS) in Nero? I found that using normalising (RMS) in nero made the sound a bit sharp and edgy. Is this normal? What percentage should I set the RMS to; default is at 20? Is it better to us the "maximum" option provided in nero than the RMS one?
Is there any other way I can make all the tracks on my CD at the at the same level without sound deterioration?
Thanks for the help....

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2972
I can only answer the CD-R part. Music CD-Rs are for use in standalone CD recorders that aren't compatible with PC data CD-Rs. You don't need them in a PC, there won't be any difference.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4061
How to get all tracks at the same volume? Don't download music...buy it :-)

Music CD-Rs really don't matter as nearly any cd player will recognized CD-Rs. The players that don't recognize data CD-Rs with music burned on them are pieces of junk or really old.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us