CD/DVD Running Slow on Laptop

Username: Baztess

Post Number: 1
I have a Slimtype DVDRW SOS-833S Player on my laptop, It is playing cd's and dvd's slowly, Can anyone HELP please.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8542
Uninstall, re-start, then re-install.

Username: Ford

Post Number: 2
Try downloading latest firmware vs04 and saving this to file, then download omnipatcher from http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=97590 . Once omnipatcher is installed run it and load the new vs04 firmware into it and edit the relevant settings relating to write speeds of your particular brand of dvd media, then all should be fine.

If you are unsure of the code for any particular brand of dvd try running Nero test drive utility and this will tell you the media code relevant to the disc you have in your drive.

or else contact the ACER Technical Support that can help you. =)

Username: Hardven

Post Number: 1
Sure, I'll do my best to help you out. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

Clean the disc: Sometimes, slow playback can be caused by a dirty or scratched disc. Try cleaning the disc with a soft, lint-free cloth and see if that improves the playback.

Update the driver: It's possible that the driver for your Slimtype DVDRW SOS-833S Player is outdated or corrupted, which could be causing the slow playback. Try updating the driver by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest driver for your device.

Adjust the settings: You can try adjusting the settings of the player to see if that helps. For example, you can try lowering the video quality, disabling any special effects or filters, or changing the playback speed.

Check for other programs: Sometimes, other programs running in the background can interfere with the performance of the player. Try it closing any other programs that are running and see if that helps.

Try a different player: If none of the above solutions work, you can try using a different player to see if that resolves the issue.

I hope one of these solutions works for you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us