Sharing internet service!!!!!!help!!!!!!!

Username: Rikarddo

Post Number: 6
i just wanted to know if its possible to share my internet service with my cousin next door. i have comcast internet and im renting the modem but i want to know if i can share it with my cousin next door if i can what do i need

Username: Wanabtech

Post Number: 7
it can be done, but you might want to read over the terms of service agreement that you have with comcast. You'll probably find that they will frown on that. There is potential for legal ramifications.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4769
I was with suscom and I know they dont allow what you want to do. If your in the same house id say its legal but if not it isnt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
but if i want to do it either way what kind of router do i need or what do i need to do it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
but if i want to do it either way what kind of router do i need or what do i need to do it

Username: Boyce

Post Number: 4
you need buy a wireless 4 ports router, linsys dlink etc,
you plug the modem to the router wan port and your computer plug to the router Lan port, another PC with wireless lan card, use the wireless connection, don't forget enable security.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ok can you just please name all the things i need the ones you recommend and where to buy cuz im really new to this stuff so please iff u could just tell me what i need to do step by step.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i know that it may sound demanding but i don't really know stuff about this so if only u can give me a list of what i already said. onlu if u can if not its kool.

Bronze Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 12
I just pick linksys wireless router for a example,
from cable modem (provided by suscom) RJ45 (Lan port) connect to a linksys (WRT54GS - Wireless-G Broadband Router) WAN port, and than from router LAN port 1,or2 or3 or4, anyone to your house computer LAN Card (network card), you can use the cable come with the router package, make sure your computer obtain an IP address automatic is check.
Then you can set up the wireless network for another computer, I guess you take a look the linksys user guide, which can download at http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=pa ge%3D2%26cid%3D1115416835852%26c%3DL_Content_C1&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisi torWrapper&SubmittedElement=Linksys%2FFormSubmit%2FProductDownloadSearch&sp_prod sku=1115416825841

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ok i think i got it i have a modem already so all i need is a wireless router and set up a that wireless network im i right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us