Network set-up problems

Username: Mako

San Francisco, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1
Not sure if this is a network problem. I'm trying to access the internet from my wireless laptop via my desktop pc. I've purchased a Linksys model WRT54G wireless router and connected it to my DSL broadband modem and pc as instructed by the set-up wizard CD. However, during the set-up process, an error message indicates that an internet connection cannot be found. I'm following the set-up wizard instructions as directed, but cannot determine the problem. Any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2782

quote:

I'm trying to access the internet from my wireless laptop via my desktop pc

That doesn't make sense. Are you on your Desktop and are trying to get internet from your laptop?

Username: Pyropaco

MO U.S.

Post Number: 2
I'm not sure exactly but I could never get the Linksys router to work either. I have a Core duo Imac, Dell Laptop, and an xbox 360. So I took the linksys back and bought a belkin router and have had no problems at all. maybe its the DSL, maybe linksys sux!

Username: Mikewhite

Amherstburg, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 9
i had a similar problem, contact your internet service provider and theyll guide you through all the setup over the phone. I also bought a D-Link wireless USB, works good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us