Connect Dell AS5650 5.1 Surround Speakers to TV

Username: Tondev52

Post Number: 1
I have Dell's AS5650 5.1 surround speaker system...but my TV has no headphone jack, is there any way to hook these speakers to my TV? thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5484
What other outputs does your TV have? How about RCA jacks?

Username: Sytrok

Post Number: 3
you can easily go down to your local electronics store and buy a cable that converts your headphone cable into an RCA cable. So if your tv doesn't offer anything like that. what you will then need to do is run it the old fashioned way, through a VCR. On a side note; I used those cables in the past to hook my sound card up to a stereo receiver/amp i constructed as my final in siast. Anyway that's not the point... I have found that after about a year of use those cables tend to degrade to the point of distortion. I used to pull the cables apart and repair them myself. Most of the time it was a problem with the ground. Last time it went on the frights i said the h*** with it and decided to construct something with a circuit board as oppose to just a straight cable. No problems yet, and if there are I can simply resolder it. Hope this helps. If you need further assistance simply respond to this or add me to MSN IM at Thoric at hotmail dot com..

Peace;
Sytrok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us