Sound Card to Home Theatre Receiver

Username: Gimpyfuzznut

Post Number: 1
I have been using Klipsch 4.1 speakers (the original) since their release many years ago. They are finally starting to crap out really bad so I've decided to unplug them and possibly try to do some maintaince ... or use them somewhere else.

Eitherway - not far from my PC I have a 5.1 surround sound setup. I was wondering if there was anyway to link my PC to the surround sound system so I can finally have 5.1 digital audio on my PC. I currently have an Audigy 2 ZS (has 3 speakers outs for 6.1 and one digital out miniplug). I really do not know much about home audio... I know I could probably use an standard miniplug to RCA adapter to plug into the receiver (will need a really long cable too) but will that provide 5.1 sound? Anyway... check links to the manual of the receiver.

http://pages.infinit.net/zaid/SAXR10.pdf

Any ideas?

Username: Andreas

Post Number: 6
hi Marwan, you have probobly sorted issue out by now... but just in case you did not, you need minjack to RCA adapter cable, mono or stereo, does not matter. Plug mini jack into digital out on the Audigy and the RCA plug into COAX in on your receiver. If you get stereo adapter take, use one of the RCA plugs, leave the other loose.
Then go into the Audigy software and set it to bypass ac3 decoding. Option should be called SPDIF or AC3 bypass or something along these lines. Good Luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us