Connecting home stereo system to sound card, which cables where !!??

Username: Never2ness

Post Number: 1
Hi, i recently bought the following 7.1 sound card,

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live 7.1 24bit Digital Sound Card

and this 5.1 speaker system...

Kinyo HT-610 5.1 Silver Home Theatre Speakers 100 Watts.

the sound card has three 3.5mm standard output sockets and one 3.5mm digital output socket.

the speaker system has a 9 pin input socket, labelled 5.1 CH.

the only cable that came with the speakers for the 5.1 socket had the 9 pin one end and six phono plugs the other.

so the only way i have found to connect the two is with adaptors, three, Phono to 3.5mm Stereo adapters. But it doesn't seem to be working..?

which of the six phono cables should i connect as a pair into which of the three sockets. The six phono cables are labeled, C,W,R,RS,L,LS.

Any help would be gratefully received

Unregistered guest
first of all, the letters stand for center, woofer, right, right satellite or rear, left and left satellite or rear, so you can pair them accordingly, front speakers together etc. Next thing is that the configuration of the outputs on your soundcard have to be set. So you need to open up the software program installed in the puter and select the appropriate one. In other words the software will tell you which output is for center,rear, woofer etc, since your sound car may have several possible config. for 2 4 or 6 channel settings. so if the software says green is front then you connect the r and l and if it says pink is rear you conn. rs and ls then the other one goes to sub woofer or center speaker. Hope it helps

Unregistered guest
I have recently bought the exact same Kinyo HT-610 speakers and have been tearing my hair out trying to find the right cable type to connect them to my pc sound card (Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 5.1)!! I've tried Maplin, but all they gave me was a 2 phono - 3.5mm cable, which, if I understand correctly, would only allow for stereo sound output! Is it really only possible to connect the speakers and sound card using adaptors? Is there not a cable with the 9-pin connection at one end and 3.5mm connections at the other? Sorry....I admit I know barely anything when it comes to cables....but I've pretty much exhausted Google looking for this!

I purchased the speakers from Ebuyer, and another customer had reviewed them saying that the speakers do not come with the necessary cable to connect to a PC, but that he had just bought this cable separately, and was now happily using the speakers for PC gaming! Therefore....it must be possible!

Any help would be very much appreciated. I'm going insane!!

LMcC
Unregistered guest
Ah never mind. Found out that the speakers didn't come with a decoder...which basically means it's not just a case of buying the right cable (quite angry at Ebuyer for not explaining this). Thanks to eBay though, I've managed to pick one of these up fairly cheaply. Unfortunately, with the added cost of a coaxel cable...I've had to pay about £70 more than I intended (more than the cost of the actual speakers)! Would have just returned the speakers, but the date to do this by has already passed.

To Andrew Ring, if he's still having trouble: try looking around for a Yamaha DSP-E492, which acts a decoder and is available pretty cheap (a couple on eBay at the moment). You'll need something like this, and a coaxel cable to connect it to your sound card for 5.1 surround sound. Hope that helps. Hope it helps me too (fingers crossed!)!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us