Dell motherboard personlly think its junk

Username: Joshockey

Post Number: 8
ok i was given this dell board to me today and all i know is it doesnt power up no big deal its no loss but by the power supply connector there is a 6 prong connector that also ran out from the power supply not sure what it is or what it does but it has to do with the board booting up i threw the power supply away because it was fried but i cant get it to boot with a regular power supply if anyone knows how i can boot up this board let me know

thanks

Username: Jad

Post Number: 6
Some more info would help eg name of board should be in middle if found what is the code?
try going on dells website and see if that helps.
That 6 prong connetor might be for if you have raid in the computer what does it look like try taking pics of the board and stuff also since you got rid of what shape was it the plug? did it have 1 of the places just have a hole and no prong if so that is definatly a raid power plug.
my email is jadthebad@gmai.com
try sending some pics and stuff to me and i might br able to help a bit more. all info u have.

Username: Jad

Post Number: 7
do you know what model pc it came out of if so do you know what the service tag was if you know that www.dell.com will help a lot. it will tell all info about it but im not sure about a new power supply i would just give it away to someone and see what they can do with it. any power supply should fit the board becuase the power is a standard plug so try and get a cheap power supply. and plug it all in. i hold no garuntee that the board will work it also may blow the new power supply if the board needs too much power that the supply can't give out. and may fry the power again.

Username: Msbooty

Post Number: 1
hi i really need some help anyone please i bought a second hand dell8200 notebook 2 days ago and it had a system lock i was givin the password but i lost it and i have no way of knowing can anyone please please help me!

Username: Msbooty

Post Number: 2
my problem is i cant get in the notebook!

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 200
the internet is a great rescource, for example, when ever I haev a question, I go to www.google.com, one may say if you search hard enough, you can find the meanign to life there. If that is true, shirkly, beth, your answer can be solved. Be tahnkfull you cought me when im helpfull.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us