Sony Handy Cam to PC

Username: Nadellasrinivas

Delhi, New Delhi India

Post Number: 1
I have tried to connect the Sony Handy cam to my PC for the video transefer, but could not do it.
Can you please provide me the proper way how to do that using a I LINK card as i dont have USB adaptor. Please provide me the details of how to get a ILINK card for my system

Unregistered guest
i have tried to connect my Sony Handy cam to my Pc to load the camera contents on a cd, but could not dot do it beacause the pc can not find the camera

Username: Car

Hi,

I need a help. I got JVC digital video camera GR - D50. My question is, I want import video from my DVC to my PC. Please can somebody explain to me, step by step, what I need to do?

My computer is:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 (build 2600)
eMachines, Inc. Imperial Revision 0.90

P.K.Asok
Unregistered guest
I need help.I have got a SONY Hi8 handy cam.I want to connect it to my PC to transfer vedio to CD.Please help me.

Unregistered guest
Hi guys,
Actually I faced the same problem as you all. First you have to know what kind of video camera you are using. Is it digital or analog? For Sony TRV 428E like mine is analog. So, I have asked a person from the Sony shop, that for analog camera, we need to have a converter to convert from analog to digital video. It is a wire with a computer card (converter). The last time I've asked for the price was RM 380.00 or USD 100.00. Without this wire and card, you cannot transfer your video to your PC. Please take note that the quality of the video is not the same as original once you converted. Actually I have not bought the converter yet and still looking the cheaper one. For anybody who have bought it and try it, please reply to this email and tell me the situation or please email to matlarn@yahoo.com. Thanks.

p/s: In future, it is better for us to purchase the digital video camera rather than the analog one. Well, what can I say, I've already bought it before realized the problem.

Unregistered guest
Hi all. I'm having a problem trying to download from my camcorder (sony DCR-TRV140E). I need pixela imagemixer ver1.0 but can't find it on any download site. Pixela has ver 1.5 but I'm unsure if it will work with my camera. Can anyone please help me. I'm pulling my hair out here. If you can send it to me on Ritchieelaine@aol.com I would be really grateful. Thanks

Username: Dtown

Post Number: 2
Wow. I didn't know connecting video cameras to computers could be so difficult. It's about as easy as 123 if you own a digital camera by means of a very inexpensive firewire cable. Especially if you run WinXP OS.

If you don't use digital (miniDV, D8), I highly suggest a capture device. They are sold in both USB and card form. Starting at $30 on sale.

Step by Step will follow, IF you all haven't figured it out yet. I will be happy to help.

dtown

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 323
To a point. USB wont cut it. End of story. Your footage will come out only as good as the hardware you have. (the cam, the care, the comp etc.)

Unregistered guest
Hi,

Also bought a Sony DCR-TRV30E and I have no Idea how to connect it to the PC...
If USB is out then Video Card? or Converter card?

Please help!!

Unregistered guest
hi,
we ahve a Sony mini camera-model 42E. we had windows 2000 initially and upgraded with windows XP professional. The camera is not deducted by our system. is this problem due to upgradation of operating system? if so, please suggest how to solve this problem?

Username: Dtown

Post Number: 7
the easiest was to solve the problems of getting video to pc is to invest in a USB module. for the absolute beginner, try dazzle (which is owned by Pinnacle a sub of avid). another company is ADS, but i don't suggest them. they are very bad with customer support. if you walk into any circuit city or compusa there is a whole roll of these units. get one with USB2 and a way to digitize to MP4.

d

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 373
Dazzle works well, but ONLY if you can change the res of things. Ive had stuff be kept at 320 res, and wont allow to be changed, even tho I filmed at a native 1680 res. Theres some downfalls to the dazzle, but on the other hand, its affordable, and easy to use. I just dont reccommend the Pinnacle software. Id use video captur on a good prog like vegas, or premier. If you cant afford these or dont know how to use them, id use the pinnacle software, but if you want to experiment a little bit, i reccommend a 3rd party prog. Good luck. (Sorry about all the typos, in a rush. Happy new year all)

Unregistered guest
I need help.I have got a SONY Hi8 handy cam.I want to connect it to my PC to transfer vedio to CD.Please help me.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2702
What type of inputs does your computer have?

Username: L_shnn

the sliding switch of my sony handycam DCR DVD701E is not working,i can't take still photos and i can't see the recorded files on LCD,becoz in one touch option,i can't see photo and view option.just the REVIEW option and one bin kind of pic. is in LCD on playing.iam so confused as wat to do .

second problem is USB doesn't connect handycam to PC,please advice me

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8429
Replace the handycam or send it in for service.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us