Mini DV to Computer

dark1337
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a JVC GR-DVR-300U( I think thats it? ) And I can't transfer videos to the computer. I was wondering, if theres like, a device were you insert the MINI DV tape in, and it trasfers it to your computer. If anyone knows if theres something like this, then please respond.

Bronze Member
Username: Vermiciouskanid

San Antonio, TX USA

Post Number: 11
The device you speak of is your camera. Usually those cameras have a fire wire (IEEE 1394) or USB port on the rear or side of the cam protected by a rubber boot or cover. refer to your instruction manual or JVCs web site to find out where exactly it is.

I think your cams model is a JVC GR DVL300U

Anonymous

The question being asked could have referred to alternate devices other than a camcorder.

I'm having a very hard time with camcorder firewire ports. They are failing time and again on more than one computer, in more than one location.

It would be nice to have a cheap device to hook up that would just submit to the software controlling it in the computer. If it fails, then replace it. As it is, you have to buy a new camera, or put in a new board that exceeds the cost of the camera in many cases.

Unregistered guest
Hello,
I have a Sony DCR-HD40 Mini Dv handy Cam with USB, AV and DV slots; I also have a Sony Computer with all the necessary slots to hook up any one of these for transferring video. I was able to hook up the cam via fire wire prior to my computer crashing due to hackers.

After I restored my pc back to factory settings nothing I do can find my camcorder. I am stumped and running out of money buying the mini dv tapes each time I want to use the cam.
Any one out there have any advice?
KC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us