NVidia Problems into a DLP HDTV

Username: Koolmokool

Post Number: 2
I am not able to get the custom resolution-in-resolution tool in Powerstrip to take the computer feed on my Mitsubishi 52-725 DLP HDTV. I am running a windows box, of course, with an nVidia 6800 Ultra graphics card with dual DVI out. Like another poster here, the Mits went to a solid blue screen as soon as windows tried to load the desktop when connecting into the VGA port on the TV. However, I am able to get the TV to take the computer feed when connecting DVI out (computer) to HDMI in (TV). Then I downloaded PowerStrip to try to resolve the overscan that was pushing icons off the sides and top of the screen. However, when I use the auto-resizer and tell Powerstrip to make the settings my new default, the entire computer image shrinks to about one-quarter of the screen, rather than the corner-to-corner image I selected using the auto-resizer tool. Can anyone make any suggestions? I am starting to suspect the nVidia card, no? Again, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Username: Koolmokool

Post Number: 5
Nevermind -- I just figured it out. First rs-size the resolution on the PC to 1024x720, then go to PowerStrip and use the tool for creating a resolution-in-resolution. It takes on the TV. Now I have a full windows desktop at 720p with all items properly fiting on my 52" DLP. Kool.

Username: Freeringtones

Post Number: 8
I recommend the Samsung HLP5685W

Username: Ironvalor

Post Number: 1
i just bought a Sony 55" LCD projection to hook up the new XBOX 360 ,( my sony has not been delivered yet, i get it oct. 24 . the reason i went with this model was the 3LCD technology )
i see no problem with hooking up the XBOX 360, but my PC is another issue. i have DVI out and the Sony has HDMI in. no VGA or RGB. the native resolution is 1366 x 768 . i would be happy to get 1280 x 720 if possible. i made the salesmen hook up a desktop to a 62" Mitsubishi Rear LCD ( dvi out to hdmi in using converter cable ) the start up screen would show then freeze. the online manual to my tv has one small note under hooking up DVI equipment which reads " important to hook up DVI equipment first then connect to HDMI " and then theres HDCP to deal with. will i be able to get my tv to be a awsome monitor or what? .. i already have powerstrip downloaded and installed crossing my fingers that i will be able to have a kickass monitor... but theres always XBOX 360 ...
can anyone point me in the right direction?

any tips will be much appreciated ...
THANX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us