NVIDIA or VIA?

Username: Gcj123

Post Number: 2
Hello,

I am planning to buy a motherboard. I am not sure if I should buy one with NVIDIA chipset or
VIA Chipset? Which chipset would be better for watching DVDs in particular?

GCJ

arrow224
Unregistered guest
NVIDIA are better. Everyone knows that. Do not go VIA unless you want troubles and headaches...

Username: Rambus_king

Post Number: 1
Arrow is wrong. Both provide good chipsets. Personnally, I prefer Nvidia, but VIA and SIS are also very good companies.

If you looking for a good chipset for DVDs (you should probably be more interested in your CPU and RAM for that, along with your DVD-ROM), your better off looking at individual Chip sets, not the specific company. Take into acccount your CPU type (754 pin Athlon 64, 478 P4, etc.), motherboard company (Asus, Abit), and then chipset.

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 121
Normally they are equal. But some arent. I had the msi k8tneo mainboard sportin the via chipset. Terrible. Promise chipset. Terrible. But on the other hand ive had bad Nvidia chipsets also. Both have their flaws. Do you homewore on the motherboard you are buying. Maximum pc magazine is a good place to start. Just make sure that you cant find people having problems with the board you are buying.

Username: Zulkir

U.S.A.

Post Number: 10
id say thay are the same its just prefrence.. ltake me i like VIA so i stick woth all via chipsets for motherboard and video cards...BTY SOYO DRAGON BOARDS RUEL

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 358
I too use VIA chipsets, i love them and have never had a problem.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12143
nVidia all the way.
fantastic chipsets.
VIA is utter trash. I've hated them for the past 15 years I've had to deal with their crappy chipsets and drivers written by chinese four year olds.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8994
Damn you Glasswolf...do you always bring 2 year old threads back from the dead? Those chinese four year olds sure are talented to be creating drivers so young :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Eatisa

Post Number: 21
If you want to chose from those two then Nvidia is better than Via...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us