First time LCD user

Sirand
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Sony 19" SDM-HS94P flat LCD monitor.
This is my first time using an LCD and I'm finding that, even after two dayd, I get slight headaches or dizziness upon use.

Is this normal when making a switchover...or is this a problem with the monitor (note: I've made all the proper adjustments with the screen too)?

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 126
Ehhh... Ive never had that problem with an LCD screen. I find LCD screens easyer to look at and they dont put nearly as much radiation out <>_<>!

Bronze Member
Username: Cruxis

PA USA

Post Number: 28
LCD screens typically don't have the resolution CRT monitors have (by that I mean that LCD screens dont change as quickly as CRTs. It kinda like comparing a TV to a slide show). The difference could be giving you headaches.

By the way, just incase you dont know (I didnt always), CRT monitors are the large bulky onces with glass screens. The have higher screen switch rates because of their speedy light transmitters (transmitters arnt what they called, but their real name seems to escape me).

FUn Fact-The crappiest CRT monitor is better than the best normal TV.

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 143
Depending on the LCD screens yeah, most higher model LCD screens now are just as good if not better.

Silver Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 105
i gota solution for u. maybe the monitor is running at lower or higher hertz thatn what ur used to.... on the seetings panel for the screen resolution on ur pc go to the additional settings>>>if not go trhough control panel and select the monitor. change the hertz on the monitor and try it. use whick ever one suits u best.

Unregistered
Unregistered guest
Your culprit is probably one or both of the following:
computer PBDE chemicals (found in some though not necessarily all brands of newer monitors)
And/Or:
photosensitivity to fluorescense

I suggest you try getting hold of an older monitor, or one of those old, dim, IBM Thinkpads. Though none of these are easily available anymore, believe it or not!

See:
http://www.freewebs.com/eclectives/monitorpain.htm

I wouldn't be surprised if other respondents will dispute this, citing "science". It's your choice to believe the "science", or just see for yourself via real life experience. Suit yourself - I'm just giving you info. that I found out painstakingly, at great cost.

shadownangle
Unregistered guest
I have a 19inch LCD and was wondering if an image can burn in to the screen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us