Component cable picture problem

Username: Egonb

Post Number: 1
i'm new here and this may be an easy/silly question to solve. but it's driving me absolutely insane!

i recently got a prima hdtv. i had been using the red,white,yellow cables to hook up my pioneer dvd player and had no problems. however, i found out using component cables (red,green,blue) gives you a better picture quality. indeed they do. but here's the problem......

when watching a dvd with the component cables (ypbpr setting), whenever a scene in the movie makes the screen go completely white (ie an explosion) my picture cuts out for about 7 seconds and it says no signal. why is this happening??? i've checked all my connections and settings and everything seems right. do i need a new dvd player (mine is about 5 years old) or simply some different cables?

any help would be MUCH appreciated as it's driving me insane!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15816
Did you check the integrity of your cables?

Username: Egonb

Post Number: 2
by integrity do you mean quality? they're "nexxtech evolution series cables". 90cm (3'). the guy said they were good quality. but can you ever really trust salesmen? lol. are there better quality cables i should be looking for? someone else suggested it could be my dvd player since it's almost 10 years old.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15818
I meant to say if your cables are not compromised by any means.

If they are brand new cables, then the culprit you should be looking at would be the DVD player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us