LG DVD/HDD Recorder--missing remote function

Username: Remotecomp

Post Number: 1
Have a older model LG LRH-780 DVD/HDD Recorder without original remote.

I do have the remote for the newer model LRH-880;} almost identical remotes except LRH-780 has a "timer record" button to allow setup of timed recording--LRH-880 has this feature accessible on its menu function, so the "timer record" button does not exist on this remote.

Is there a way to "change" the function of any button on the LRH-880 remote so I can use it as a "timer remote" button and access this important feature on my unit?

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Plainfield, IL USA

Post Number: 89
I highly doubt that your LG remote is a learning remote, but you could check your manual.

Even if you were able to learn the "timer record" function onto a universal remote, what makes you think the LRH-880 would respond to it?

What's wrong with accessing this feature through the menu? If it's a long sequence and you use it a lot, you could program it as a macro on a universal remote.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3574
You can get a One For All 8910 and have them e-mail advanced functions. You might want to call them first and make sure that function is in the advanced functions for that model. The only thing I haven't been able to do with mine is turn on progressive scan on a Toshiba recorder. Other than that the all the original remote functions for all the codes I've used, that's more than a few, are all in the advanced functions. Their phone number is 330-405-8616.
They'll ask what remote you have, tell them you are thinking of buying the 8910 and want to know if you can access the timer function with the advanced functions.

Username: Remotecomp

Post Number: 2
Thank you all--I have been in touch with LG and am able to purchase the exact remote I need for <$20.

FYI, Nathan--I have the LRH-780 with a LRH-880 remote--therefore I would need a remote with the "timer record" button (which the LRH-880 remote doesn't have) since timer recording is not a menu function on my LRH-780 model (only can access from remote)

Bronze Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Plainfield, IL USA

Post Number: 90
Sorry, Js, I misread your original question. I'm glad you were able to find a replacement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us