Qed original experience anyone?

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 504
Hello. I know qed original is an old cable but the important thing is its all copper. I DO NOT like the silver anniversary xt. This uses an air core and silver strands.

I want something similiar to the gale xl105 which I currently use. Is the qed original anything like it? Is the gale xl315 also comparable?

Thankyou for any help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
Ok. I'll keep it simple then..

Chord Carnival vs QED original vs Gale xl315??

Which one?

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
I know this seems odd to put down chord and qed..Im putting both the chord carnival and qed out of the equation through my own research.

1) The chord is silver coated. I dont see the point in this, plus I dont want bright highs like they were if the 'skin effect' did at all apply and its a lot pricier than the gale.
2). The qed original is only 79 strand. Whats so special about qeds wire over gales 105 strand I have other than looks.
3). The gale xl 315/or the new 'symphony 400' replacement for it is definately the cheapest and ALL COPPER. Seems like a bargain to me considering I like the xl105 even though one review says 'it's nothing special'. Stuff that review I think its very musical.

So there we have it I think..

Anyone object to this and think the qed is worth the buck since on ebay I may get a bargain..

Cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us