Optimal configuration

Username: Thesheps

Post Number: 1
I have a Pioneer 505HDG Plasma- no coax or optical, a Denon 2805 AVR with 2 x coax and 2 x optical and plenty of r/w audio connections for the tv and dvd, a Toshiba set top box with 1 each coax and optical and a Sony DVD with one coax and one R/W audio output. All connections at the moment are centred on the plasma tv receiver.What will be the best options to enable all of the following: audio through the AVR from the DVD and the TV through the AVR on the occasions that a good movie or concert is on the TV when I want sound through the home cinema speakers? Cheers

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1614
­
Graham, I assume you want to use the TV's internal speakers most of the time, while using your external stereo occasionally. If you are satisfied with the TV only operation, then all you have to do is feed audio to the Denon from the STB and DVD player. Very simple, really.

Connect the DVD player's coax out into the Denon coax in. You may have to program that coax input to respond to a particular input selection on the receiver.

Connect either optical or coax from the Toshiba into the receiver and configure that input accordingly. See the Denon owners manual on this. The STB may not output the audio of all channels on its digital output, in which case you will need to hook up the ordinary R/L red/white audio cord to the Denon as well. This I think is unlikely, though.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us