Harmony 880 with JVC HD52Z585/52Z575

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_murphy

Post Number: 30
Is anyone in this forum using the Harmony 880 remote with the JVC HD-ILA 52Z585/52Z575? I've noticed when going into the Devices section of the remote, and selecting TV, that the buttons don't really match up with what was setup for them. There is a Red button, a Blue button, a Green button, to name a few others, that have absolutely no functionality. And, other buttons from the original remote that came with the tv are not even listed under the device buttons. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 99
Shawn,

I actually just ordered this remote for my set up and I have a JVC 52G787. Looking at the pictures of the 880 I don't see the colored buttons you mention. Where are they?

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_murphy

Post Number: 31
They are not physical buttons. When you setup the remote on your computer, it asks you for your component model numbers, of which I selected the JVC HDILA 52Z585 for my television. After the setup was complete, the button labels that Harmony pulls from it's database for the 52Z585 do not match what came on the 52Z585's remote control. So, when you are watching TV (using the Watch TV activity), and you need to use one of uncommon buttons (such as Theater Pro D6500K), you have to push the Devices button, then select the device (in this case, the tv), then you can scroll through available buttons that the Harmony setup has in it's database for that specific piece of equipment. Of those buttons in the database are Red, Green, and Blue. There are no Red, Green, or Blue buttons on the remote that came with my 52Z585 - you can't adjust that from the oe remote.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
I will let you know what I think after I get mine, get it set up and use it for a little while. I'm under the impression that you need some time with this remote before you get it the way you want it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Shawn,

I've got my remote set up for the most part and I see the buttons you mention (and a Yellow button you don't mention). I have NO idea why they are there. And, I asked in another forum about them and they didn't know what they were there for. What I am going to do is remove them from my button list. No sense having them take up space if they don't do anything. So far, I'm loving this remote, it's flexibility and the way you set it up.

Bronze Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 26
i dont have the jvc but i do have the harmony 880 and absolutly love it bought one for my dad for his birthday cant wait to give it to him
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us