Antenna Setup

Bronze Member
Username: Arande2

Post Number: 80
Thanks in advance......................................................................... .........................

I have this outdoor FM antenna on a rotator that's sitting in the attic already set up. I want to hook it up to both my receivers that take either 75 or 300 ohm inputs. I was just wondering how to go about hooking it up to BOTH. I guess what I should be asking is...How do I split the output of an FM antenna for hookup to two stereos for best results (an amplifier, certain cable, etc)?

................................................................................ ....................for responding

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 316
just use a 75 ohm 2 way splitter and use 75 to 300 ohm converter to 300 ohm reciver.

Silver Member

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 517
Are you sure? The problem is the antenna is pretty far away(200 ft). I guess I can try hooking it up and see if the signal is strong enough.

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 317
I don't know the size of your antenna, I can't tell how much it gain, but a 2way splitter will lost 3.5db.

Silver Member

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 617
Well, the Antenna says +12dB, so I think it'll be strong enough of a signal.

Username: Kraigl

Muskegon

Post Number: 3
For the strong stations the 3.5dB loss from the 2-set is not a problem. Especially with your long cable runs your weaker stations could be harmed.
Coupla things:

300 ohm cable has less loss/foot than co-ax, and you don't need to get the insertion loss that a matching transformer adds (usually about 1 dB). Twin lead is best twisted & not touching metal.

You could add an amp in your attic (before you split it) if you have AC in your attic, or you could go with a pre-amp (power supply @ one of your stereo's which sends low voltage up through your lead to the amp in your attic - NOTE special splitters are required)

Username: Computerknew

Post Number: 1
Have flat screen vizio tv. What is the free way in getting cable like Direct TV?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us