HDMI connection from Cable Box to TV

Username: Sage2104

Post Number: 1
I got my HDTV/DVR cable box hookup a week or 2 ago and I have to say I'm not too impressed. Some shows look really nice, but most movies and tv shows are not as good as people claimed they were.

I have to go to Video 2 to view a channel with an HD signal, but besides that and videos 1 and 3 there is also an HDMI input. I don't have a wire for that yet, but in the manuel it said HDMI is the best option for picture and sound. Does HDMI give a better picture than video 2 or is video 2 the best it can get?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9525
How is your cable box connected?

Username: Sage2104

Post Number: 2
I don't understand. As far as I can tell you is the HD input is in Video 2. I get normal SDTV when I am in normal.

Username: Kevlev

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 3
I have a Mistubishi 52 DLP TV that has the HDMI output on it but I can't get it to work. I had my cable company come in, switch the box, and still no luck. I even went out and "exchanged" the originial HDMI cable for another one and STILL same result. So I guess I have to call Mitsibushi and tell him the reason the HDMI isn't working is because something is wrong with the output on the TV. Even though they told me there is nothing wrong. But that is what it has to be, for I have changed everything else and still the same problem. Does anybody have any thoughts on the subject?

Username: Waynesnside

Wisconsin

I"m having some trouble with my cable box and HDMI also. Once I turn the tv and box off I can't get the signal from the box to the TV, the tv acts as if there is no signal being seen. I used the same HDMI for the DVD player to the TV with the same input and it works fine. Just out of the cable box I have issues.

Username: Klester

I have a 2 year old Mitsubishi 52 inch DLP TV and I am having the same problem with not getting the HDMI output to work. Today, after being on the phone with Mitsubishi's consumer help for over an hour,they told me that I need to make sure the HDMI cable I am using is 1.1 version and not the latest 1.3 version that is the standard now. I have an HD DVD player that I would like to connect to the HDMI input so I can use my componenet inputs for other sources. Can anyone help me with this?

Username: Elevatorguy

The problem lies in the cable box... but more specifically the cable provider and their updating (or lack of updating) the cable box firmware.
Check out this site for more:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21194http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21194http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21194

Username: Bigdenroy

North Bay, On P1A2G8

If your cable box has component video out, use that to connect to wahtever input on TV with component videoin..also connect audio with rca cable..Sometimes this works better for older TV's

Username: Towser55555

Edinburgh, Edinburgh Edinburgh

i've a problem too, got a new telly connected to my cable box, some stations are very poor oicture wise, is this cause im using a scart cable.

Username: Canuckbedrock

Regina, Sask Canada

I believe the whole home theater cable TV problems are caused by cable boxes and poor or incompatible HDMI hookups. My cable TV supplier, while being a world leader in telecommunications, has lousy cable box equipment and untested connections on them. They dont bother to thoroughly check out everything and let the customer be the guinea pigs. My girlfriend has HDTV in her bedroom but we found out the hard way we cant use the HDMI connection, it just doesnt work well and gives her audio problems. On the main TV in the living room, we had dead siganl issues with the HDMI connections and have to go backwards and use the component hookups. Unless you have an upconverting receiver, your input selection is limited and leads to a bunch of other hookup problems. That is what we are discovering the hardway anyways..customers are the guinea pigs as usual and they need to get standardized connections in the indistry (cable TV suppliers that is). Good luck and look forward to reading more. Chris O.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us