Speaker wire for Bose 501's ???

Anonymous
What the best gauge (Bose 501)?

Best all around gauge ?

For rear speakers - requiring 20ft of wire, what should I use ?

Thanks !!!!!

Anonymous
I've had my Bose 501s for 20 years. Still sound great. I've always used 16 gauge wire to my Pioneer Amp/tuner which is about 12 feet away. For my surround system I use 12 gauge wire but probably could use 16.

Joong-In Rhee
Thicker the better, especially as the length becomes longer. Polks sound good with monster.

In order to get the best out of Bose, you need a quality amp. I would recommend NAD 320bee, tandberg receivers (ebay.com), or Marantz recievers 2270 (ebay). Also a dark sounding CD player is a must - Denon 370 (ebay) sounds gooood with them.
There is much Bose bashing in this sight, but with the right combination, they sound goood to me - Clear and warm. They can sound annoying mated with cheaper run of the mill Japanese electronics. They are better mated with quality amp and Cd players I've mentioned. Do step up to mid-fi gears, and you are in for a nice surprise!

Anonymous
My left 501 has developed a purr, louder with increased bass. Any ideas as to cause and/or remedy?

Anonymous
You tore the bass speaker border. It is a soft and ages with time. Replacement kits are available on ebay for about 15 or 20 $. Both of mine tore years ago - I plan to fix mine (bought in 1979) some day.

Rob

Anonymous

I'm trying to get the bose 501's apart to see if the speakers are good. How do they come apart? I don't want to wreck them.

Unregistered guest
I have a pair of Bose 501 crossovers. I bought the 501's at a garage sale and the cabinets were coming apart. I still have the drivers but they need to be reconed. This is the first time I have been on this site. I would sell the 10" drivers and crossovers.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to wire up my house that I am building before I close up the walls, I would like to run a five room system and I need to know what size wire should I use?

acoustimas ?
Unregistered guest
I jsut purchased acoustimass 3 to use in conjunction w/ my 501's and Bose center channel as a surrond sound system. I have a Sony STR-DE675 reciver, and my question is this: How can i get my acoustimass speakers to play when I want to play music only, i can get them to work fine as a theather system, but when i try to play music they sound terrible. What can I do?

acoustimas ?
Unregistered guest
I jsut purchased acoustimass 3 to use in conjunction w/ my 501's and Bose center channel as a surrond sound system. I have a Sony STR-DE675 reciver, and my question is this: How can i get my acoustimass speakers to play when I want to play music only, i can get them to work fine as a theather system, but when i try to play music they sound terrible. What can I do?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1990
check your manual for the receiver. It should tell you how to do this by changing different listening preferrences, i.e., stereo, pro-logic, etc.

Anonymous

I have a pair of Bose 501's for almost 30 years. I had them overhauled 10 yrs ago and they still sound good. However, I don't want them anymore and was wondering if anyone could suggest a selling price for them. Was thinking about selling on eBay.

Unregistered guest
I need to open my Bose 501 speaker enclosures to check the woofers. How do they come apart; I don't see any screws anywhere and, of course, there ar no grills to remove? Help!

Bobbyel
Unregistered guest
There are small staples all around the edges of the grille cloth about 1/4 inch from the edges. You have to really look carefully to see them. When you find one you can usually use needlenose plyers to pull them out. The grille cloth in my series 4 is set on a piece of 1/8 inch plywood that folds around 3 sides.

Bob

Myth!
Unregistered guest
i chopped my grills into 3 bits and added velcro so each piece so they pull on and off with ease
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us