Speaker cable suggestions for Vandersteen

Username: Cichlid

Post Number: 3
So my vandersteen 2ce sig's are on their way. Also, I have a mccormack dna-1 deluxe. Preamp is a Rotel RC995, CD player is also a Rotel. For interconnects, I am using the older MIT 330 shotguns.

I like to listen to acoustic, rock, and electronic music. So far I have been getting by with some cheapo monster speaker cables, but since the vandersteen is bi-wireable, it's a good time to upgrade.

Some people say that I should stay with MIT, since I am already using MIT for IC's. What are your thoughts? My range is $250-$550. What models (MIT or others) would you recommend with my setup and preferences? Please help...personal experiences would help greatly. I know there are alot of Vany/McCormack people out there.

Thanks

WEC
Unregistered guest
>>"Some people say that I should stay with MIT, since I >>am already using MIT for IC's"

Why? Different signals, different type of cable, different gauge wire. Apples and oranges.

If you want to spend your money on cables that may or may not result in any audible benifit, that's up to you.
My .02 suggestion would be to use the existing cables and enjoy your new speakers. Get used to them first, upgrade later.

Username: Cichlid

Post Number: 4
Well, i was switching back and forth with my roomate's speaker cables and mine (with my current speakers), and there was a huge improvement when using his cables. That's why I am deciding to shop around for cables. It's just that I want some feedback from others who may have experienced the same thing. I've read alot of the exchanges in this forum between those who agree and don't agree on the benefits of cable upgrading. My simple personal experience tells me that I should upgrade from my current type of speaker cables. I just need some suggestions. Thanks.

mdcrzr40
Unregistered guest
Do some reading here:
http://forums.audioreview.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=60&f=35
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us