Money for nothing and flicks for free (Cable Questions)

Username: Northpowell

Post Number: 1
Hiya all!

OK, After months of struggle with the wife, I finally got my bad a** 60 inch Hitachi LCD RP TV. (Who needs sex anyways right?). With the wife being locked in the basement, I am free to rewatch every kick a** movie and sports channel I want (Don't worry about the wife, I feed her at least once a day). All that is left to decide on is cables.

Being the compulsive creatures men are born to be, my first inclination is to get the top of the line Monster Cables and the hell with my kids education (he is only 1 anyway, plenty of time for the world to collapse, hence no need for an explanation). But then again, I hate getting things that don't really matter and spend money for nothing. So, all you guys that can identify with this story:

Question 1:Is there a difference between Monster standard quality and Monster premium quality? Enough to tell or do I have to have Superman vision? Is Monster even required to enjoy the experience?

Question 2: I have regular speaker cables, what should I get to optimize sound. Keep in mind I do not need to be able to identify is a flea passing gas was a wet or dry one (the system rejected the word far*, why would they do that?)

So there you have it folks. I appreciate any comment you have and the time you take to elaborate on it. The wife will be release on her birthday (only 5 months away) and by then hopefully, she would have calm down (yea right!)

Thanks again and God Bless manhood and big sreens!

Lester
Unregistered guest
Bummer about he wife. If you put a small refrigerator in the basement, you won't have to get up as often to feed her.

You don't need Monster cable. It's over hyped, over priced, and offers no audible benifits over any other reasonably well constructed/priced cable.

Additional Monster issues:
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=7616

Your speaker wires should be of adequate guage for the lenght of the run.
http://www.roger-russell.com/wire.htm
Interconnects should have shielding to reject interference, and solid connections on the RCA's. No need to break the bank.

L.

big joe
Unregistered guest
i agree with not getting monster, who needs it
over priced product made in china
i know people that are employed there and those who left
a company as BIG as monster sure do fall short when it comes to yearly reviews, increases and bonuses
but get the power stuff the video cables and the connections does make a BIG difference when you do use it
so there you go
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us