15w Tube Amp (Bassbreaker 15) -Bedroom?

Username: Bantay

Post Number: 7
Hello everyone,,,
So I purchased an Open Box Blonde Bassbreaker 15 which has a 30w Celestion g12h. It arrived yesterday and I was so excited as I was upgrading from a Vox Mini Superbeetle. I've played in bands and have had a few half stacks previously ( DSL50 / Laney GH50L ). At this point in my life, it's bedroom practice and the occasional jam with friends.

I let it warm up for 15 minutes, grabbed my SG with Dimarzio Super Distortions (HOT) and turned it on. I was amazed how quiet the amp was. I had it on the low gain structure and had to turn the Master volume all the way and the gain up to 6-7 to really hear my guitar over the strings. When I switched it over to the high gain structure - there was a little more volume - but still seemed kinda quiet.

I was playing in a very small room too - maybe 5x7. I just feel as though there is something wrong - The power tubes looked to be glowing equally - everything looked like it was seated properly.

The last weird thing that I noticed. When I cranked the gain past 3/4 it almost gets a little less noisy. Hard to explain, but you can hear the gain ramping up and then cleans up a touch after 3/4.

I think there is something wrong haha? I mean, a 15w tube amp should be loud with the master on 3-4 right? Anyone have an opinion or have a Bassbreaker 15? Should I just buy it new rather than open box?

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Facebook

Shop Related Deals

Directory

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us