Motorola cable modem boosts Taiwan broadband

Username: Pcbpartner

Post Number: 7
Cable operator Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC) has selected Motorola's DOCSIS 3.0-qualified integrated Cable Modem Termination System (I-CMTS) to provide high-speed Internet access to subscribers in areas the operator serves. The new contract follows Taiwan broadband's first deployment of Motorola's I-CMTS last year, supporting the operator's continued expansion in the delivery of ultra-broadband service.

TBC delivers a full range of video, voice and broadband services. With a vision to provide seamless access to rich media content, TBC will now be able to deliver ultra-broadband Internet access services to subscribers at 100Mbit/s and beyond, delivering highly cost-effective broadband service to consumers with rapidly-growing bandwidth needs and requirements.

"Customers continually demand broadband access at higher speeds so that they can enjoy high definition and streaming video content as well as social media services," said Thomas Ee, CEO of TBC. "The ultra-broadband service enabled by Motorola's I-CMTS and TX32 technology will assist TBC in capturing this market opportunity and to strengthen our market position by offering a wide collection of tailor-made and unique services to subscribers."

"We are excited to support TBC in further developing its network capability as they continue to expand their broadband service offerings," said Kevin Keefe, VP and regional general manager of the home business in Motorola Asia Pacific. "Taiwan has one of the highest levels of broadband penetration in the world and cable operators in Taiwan are looking for solutions that can significantly reduce cost while delivering more bandwidth to customers. This is our top priority and we continue to innovate and develop new solutions, like the high-density, cost-effective TX32 module for our customers. Our goal is to provide operators with highly reliable, high-density downstream and upstream solutions that will increase their competitiveness and help achieve their long-term service and business goals."

Motorola's I-CMTS solution enables a wide range of tiered ultra-broadband Internet access services, providing a truly personalized media experience for TBC's subscribers. It is also compatible with existing infrastructure including DOCSIS 1.x, 2.0 cable modems. Moreover, operators can expand system capacity by adding multiple TX modules and in the future, RX series downstream modules offering additional scalability and flexibility to meet rapidly-growing customer demand for ultra-broadband Internet services.

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Facebook

Shop Related Deals

Directory

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us