1. Go here http:// XXX.floridaprobe.com/usb_install.htm and towards the bottom of the page you will see this "Driver Installation files for Radio Shack users" 2. Download the files. 3. Extract them (it will create a folder called "rshack") and copy the rshack folder to the C:\Windows\inf\ folder (I am going to assume the C: drive at this point if you use another drive just change the C: to whatever it is) 4. If you have your cable attached go to the control panel. Select Hardware and Sound. Select Device Manager. In the other devices section you should see something like USB to Serial, Right click and select Update Driver Software. Select Browse my computer for driver software. In the dialog box type in the directory you put the files in earlier (C:\Windows\inf\rshack) Make sure you have a check mark in check subfolders box. Click next. At this point Vista should find the driver files for you. The driver is not digitally signed so you will get a dialog wanting you to confirm installation of the drivers. After this completes you are good to go! You should be done. 5. If you have not attached your cable. Complete all steps up to and including step 3. Plug in your cable. Allow Vista to look for your device... When it can't find it select other options and then browse my computer for driver files. Point it to the C:\Windows\inf\rshack folder make sure the check subfolders box is selected. Click next. At this point Vista should find the driver files for you. The driver is not digitally signed so you will get a dialog wanting you to confirm installation of the drivers. After this completes you are good to go! You should be now able to use your cable for whatever you want. It seems so simple now. Hope this helps someone! make sure to change the x's to w's in the address ! Please spread this around if you know places it can be used... I want to save anyone else from having to go through all work I had to do to get this working!