RTPi on AMC4

Username: Sowee

Post Number: 1
Hi!
I installed a bellexpressvu 18" dish with a bsna5-506a LNB. I used dishpointer.com to point it to AMC4 101.0W. I also used a satellite signal tester to adjust the dish.

My FTA receiver is a FORTEC Lifetime Classic NA. I first tried the antenna setup option: I've set the satellite AMC4Ku 101W, LNB type 10750 (I've also tried SINGLE-S and U) and went to full power FTA scan. I got like 20 channels but they all are dish promotional channels or channels where I need to order a movie. I even have a channel where it congratulates me for my dish 500. But no RTPi.

I then try to add the precise TP freq for RTPi. So I added a new TP 12.033 GHz with symbol rate 3.003 Ms. I wouldn't lock to that. I then went to the manual scan to scan a single channel and tried TP 12.033 GHz w/ SR 3.003Ms: still no lock (or luck, as you see fit :-). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much!

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1624
I think your dish is too small.

Bronze Member
Username: Silvermir

Post Number: 90
30" + dish
& a single linear LNB

Post Number: 2
I'm wondering if I was on the right satellite (I don't understand how I would get dish network channels on amc4?)

Supposing I am on the right satellite, it would make sense to say that I can get channels on vertical polarization with my dish but less channels on horizontal polarization? Then, what is the minimum dish diameter I would need?

Thanks again!

Post Number: 3
If I get a 30" dish, can I use the same stand as the current dish I have (to avoid to unscrew the current stand from the roof). When you say a single linear LNB, you mean one that has only one coax output? The one I have right now would be a dual linear LNB? (it has two coax outputs) Thanks for your info.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 10021
Alexandre

Horizontal signal is very harder to get, this is why many dish are oval, in regard with your position you can get few TPs with a 18" dish but a 33" will be much better.

You must set the skew LNB inclination with your position.

Post Number: 4
I am at Latitude: 46.8871°, Longitude: -71.1938°, dishpointer recommends a LNB skew of 25d. So I'll check my skew and would you also recommend that I switch my dual linear LNB for a single linear LNB? (I think my current LNB is linear).

I am curious: how would you explain I am currently getting dish networks promotional channels? just curiousity... Thanks again guys.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10024
Alexandre

If you get Dish not encrypted, this is because your LNB is a circular, buy a Linear LNB and try to get AMC4 again.

Post Number: 5
I'll try that, would you also recommend a single linear or dual would be ok? I guess the signal strenght is split if it's dual?
Many thanks

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 10028
Alexendre

On a dual LNB your signal is not split but you have 2 straight LNB in one.

The reason is, if you get a horizontal channel you can get a vertical channel on the other, which you can't on single LNB.

Dual LNB is need if you want use 2 or more receivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us