K1 plus box - no picture- just "Processing - please wait"

Username: Waqarkhan1971

Post Number: 10
Hi Sada, Please help me
I got new K1 plus box yesterday. I connected it with 2 adapters ( 1 with dongle and rcvr and 2nd at where router in basement) I did load factory bin and new 185 file but still light is RED on dongle. and still on 118 message is "Procesing - please wait" . same mssg on all GEO/ARY/PTV, etc

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3133
first of all you don't need to load factory file on any new receiver,they come already loaded.
have you done the network settings on receiver for hub to be active??

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3134
go to network settings...set it to static

for IP, enter your ip address
for subnet mask enter 255.255.255.0
for gateway enter your ip address again
DNS 1, enter 4.2.2.1
DNS2, enter 4.2.2.2

also let me add to this
if you are using powerline adopters,make sure they are plugged directly to wall outlet and not to a surge protector.also once you save the settings,don't go back into check,because they may change to default but it will still work

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3135
also if you are trying to get the channels on 61.5, you will not get them, as they have been moved to 118
to make sure hub is working and to get a green light,
make sure you select a working channel like cnn 200

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I really appreciate your help. I will try it today.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
so as I understand, I have to do the following

1. activate the hub/dongle files.
2. upload the new bin 185.
3. do the network seetings as told
4. the picture should come for any indian/pakistani channel.

After network setting do I have to A/R turn ON and change STATIC to DHCP or just leave it to STATIC?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Africanbrit,

Can you please confirm my order of listings as I have posted ,.

Are the steps are OK

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3137
you don't need any dongle files
185 has them built in.if you have 118,you will be able to get hindi and urdu channels.with 185 it does not matter if you have auto roll set to on or off, it does it automatically for you
and yes after network settings,save and change to DHCP

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
So as you saying - I dont need first to download ACTIVATION files for hub - 185 will do all ? correct ?

If I am still seeing RED LIGHT on top of Dongle and little Green light besisde the network cable - what does it mean ? IS my HUB activated or not ?

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3140
if you have a red light, the hub is not activated
make sure your internet hub does not need a password to log on
if your hub came with a black wire it will need activation file, if it came with a little grey wire it does not need to be activated

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
In the box it has two serial cables a black and a white. which one goes with dongle box ?

I have put while cable with dongle

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Sada or Africanbrit or Plymouth....

Anyone please help

thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
sada can you please help me on it
thanks

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3142
there should be one short cable (white or grey) that goes from khub to receiver,the black cable is for downloading khub files from computer to khub

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4976
i only had one,
try the white one,
so basically u have a network adapter
and u are using 2nd network adapter to use it with k1plus
first try it with network cable with out adapter
try to connect nework cable to ur router directly , change mode to dhcp and see if u have green light,
if u have adapter make sure it is plug directly in to wall outlet,
and run the cd that comes with ur adapter and configure it from there.

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3144
Sada,
when we got our receivers last year,they were sending only one short cable to go from hub to receiver, but now they are sending an extra black null modem serial cable for downloading files to usb hub from computer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i will try this as well, only problem is that I can't stretch my network cable from router to TV , its too far.

so I cant check without both adapters

Gold Member

Post Number: 4977
thanks african i didn't know that,
this is very important make sure u plug ur adpater directly into electical outlets,
also u need to use software that comes with ur adapter and scan the other adapter from there..

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 382
KBOX K1 PLUS USB LOADING PROCEDURE
If at any time you are asked for a password, input 0000 unlesss you changed it.
1. Download the factory file and newest release to your pc. Its best to save it to your desktop so you can find it later. Once the file is downloaded to your pc, you can right click on it and select "Extract Here" or Extract All".
The file will then be extracted from the archive. Do this for all files you downloaded.
2. Now plug in your USB stick and transfer the extracted file to it. To do this you can either drag and drop the file into the open window of your USB stick, or you can right click on the extracted file and navigate to the " Send To" menu and pick the drive letter for your USB stick. You can find the drive letter of your USB stick by going to My Computer and looking under Removable Devices.
Note: File cant be placed in any folders on the USB stick
3. Now turn your stb on and plug the USB stick into it. If a file window doesn't open displaying the files on USB, Press Menu/Data Transfer/ and press OK. In the file window, navigate to the factory file and press OK to begin loading. Do Not interupt the loading process. Once the file is loaded, the stb will reboot on its own.
4. Once the reciver reboots, remove the USB stick and select your language. Then go to Menu/Configuration/System Recovery/Factory Set and then press OK and confirm the changes.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 to load any additional files.
Note: Make sure you do a Factory Reset after every file you load.
5. Now that you have loaded all the files you want, You will need to set your dish settings. To do this, press Menu/Installation/Dish Settings. Then highlight the Satellite heading and press OK. Select the satellite you want to configure and press OK. Now scroll down to LNB Type and use the right/left arrow buttons on the remote to and set according to the LNB you have .
6. Next navigate down to Diseqc Software 1.0 and use the right/left arrow button to select the port # that you have assigned on the diseqc switch, for the satellite you are setting up. Now press the small red remote button to scan that satellite. Confirm changes when prompted.
7. When scanning is done you will be returned to the Dish Settings menu and you can repeat steps 5 and 6 for each additional sat you want to set up.
8. Now that you have setup and scanned your satellites, Press Exit and you will be taken to the main menu. Navigate down to Option and set the following:
Auto CH/TP Update -----> Set to ON
Renumbering Local CH -----> Press OK and navigate to your local then press OK and select. Now press Exit and confirm changes and continue to press Exit untill you get to the menu.
9. Now select Configuration and set your time zone and then navigate down to set Summer Time ON if applicable.
UPDATE GUIDE LISTINGS
Press EPG on the remote and press the small Yellow button on the remote and leave it like that for about 10-15 minutes.
Always make sure back switch is OFF before connecting or disconnecting and wires to the receiver.
USING IKS
1. When an ECM occurs, go into Menu and select Option and navigate to Auto Roll and set to OFF.
2. Then navigate down to Mode and set to Network. Then press Exit and confirm changes when prompted.
3. Go to Menu/Configuration/Network settings and set the Connection Mode to DHCP.
4. Now turn the back switch OFF then ON for settings to take effect.
Attaching K-Hub
1. With receiver OFF at back switch, connect the serial cable from the Hub to the Kbox.
2. Plug in your internet cable to the Hub.
3. Plug the power adapter to the Hub.
4. Turn rear switch back to ON.

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
V2.0
K-HUB INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTES
SUMMARY
The K-HUB network module1 is an optional accessory designed for updating the internal firmware of the KBOX brand of receivers via an Internet connection. From time to time new authorized factory software will be made available to customers. Using this method, new satellite lists, transponder frequencies, bug fixes and additional receiver features can be delivered quickly and easily.
K-HUB are designed to be used for KBOX receivers that do not already have a network port (ie. K1 Heros / K1 Plus Edition, etc).
Always use only FACTORY AUTHORIZED SOFTWARE. Software can be found at the official website http://kboxteam.com/
REQUIRED HARDWARE
· KBOX receiver
· Straight-thru serial (RS-232) cable
· K-HUB network module
· K-HUB AC adapter
OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· High-speed Internet connection2
· Wired or wireless router to share the Internet (for homes with multiple computers and network devices)
· Connection between router and K-HUB: can be by cable or the use of bridging devices such as powerline network adapters
A. CONNECT
· From your router or Internet modem, run a network cable to your K-HUB and plug it in. The network cable should "click" into the port of the K-HUB.
· Connect the serial cable3 from your K-HUB to the back of your KBOX receiver. Make sure that both ends are firmly plugged in.
· Plug the AC adapter to an electrical wall outlet or power bar and connect it to the K-HUB for power.
· Turn on your KBOX receiver.
B. DOWNLOAD
· While your receiver is on, go to: MENU > CONFIGURATION > NETWORK SETTINGS.
· Choose the DOWNLOAD option by pressing the YELLOW button on the remote control.
· If new software is detected you will be prompted to download it. Choose YES and press OK to accept.
During this time your receiver will download and install new software.
DO NOT interrupt this operation. Your receiver will automatically reboot itself when ready.
TROUBLESHOOT
· K1 Plus users: please make sure your receiver's software version is 1.71 or higher. See http://kboxteam.com/
· Test that your network cable is good by connecting to a desktop or laptop computer and checking the Internet.
· If using powerline network adapters, plug the powerline adapters directly to your wall outlet. Do not connect to a powerbar or surge protector. Powerline signal is often filtered by powerbars and surge protectors.
· Make sure that you are using a straight-thru (not null-modem) serial cable and that the ends are firmly attached.
· Reset your system: power off all your devices (including modem, router, K-HUB, and receiver) for at least 5 minutes,
and then power them on again one-by-one.
· If dynamic/DHCP settings do not work, within the receiver's NETWORK SETTINGS you can try using STATIC settings.
1 A network module (ie. dongle) is a serial (RS-232) to network (RJ45) adapter that enables data communications on legacy devices that do not have an existing network port.
2 For dial-up Internet users, it's still possible to use the K-HUB by sharing a connection from your PC. On the PC you need to enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) within your Windows operating system. A cross-over network cable is required for the physical connection between the K-HUB and PC.
3 If your K-HUB came with two serial cables, use the light-grey serial cable. The light-grey serial cable is a straight-thru type.

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
Africanbrit and Sada are very helpful to everyone. I also included Instructions from other sites. Enjoy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
thanks a lot for this information. I have done the following now twice and still the green light on hub is not there.

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3149
khan saheb,
did you adjust the network settings exactly like i said?
do you know your own IP address?

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
Wagnar Khan,
also read the setup instructions that I wrote above from another site, they may help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4978
i know this might be silly but u never know did u change the usermode to network and turn off au (autorolls)
go to menu, option and from there usermode to network and au off

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3150
Sada,
with file file 185 you can leave auto roll to on
hub does the rest

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
thanks guys and I will try it one more time right from sratch this evening.

wish me good luck guys and thanks for such a great help

Username: Ricocossan

Post Number: 5
Wagar Khan your a useless piece of chit.

Silver Member
Username: Frobi

Post Number: 324
Had same problems. I had a defective hub and got it exchanged.

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
Rico,
This site is known for helping other members. You get many knowledgable people who are true helper. But because you are stupi*d ignorant and skunk you started to insult other members. Quit boy and do not do it again either big mamma will spank your azz very hard.

Username: Firangibowler121

Post Number: 1
Dear all member i have read all the discussion by members here. I have also Kbox puls edition wireless network adaptors. My Khub has the greent light but i am able to watch only two indian channels that are Star Plus and Star World. I have done all the things i knew by reading all the posts. I have tune sat 61.5. Please help..

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1032
karkour kaka
The post you refer to is from an impostor trying to break up this community.
Check the post count.

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3151
raj kapoor
there are only 2 channels on 61.5
the star packages
if you need all you will have to get a 30" or larger dish and a special 119/118 lnb and point at 118
good luck

Post Number: 2
Thankyou Kiran

so you mean at 61.5 i can watch only two channels and for other indian channels i have to point my dish at 118 is that right? and i dont understand the special 119/118 Lnb is there any specieal LNBs in the market to support these sat.. Please adivise

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
guys I really appreciate all of your guys help.

I did all the steps. the network seetings shows my IP add and everything but still RED LIGHT on HUB and BLINKING and still message "CONNECTING PLEASE WAIT".

I am very frustated for 2 days now .
Do you think so may be the HUB is defective may be ?

I have tried my laptop in that TV room and interent is there but still red light on HUB ?

Please help me with you suggestions

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Steps I have taken

- did factory reset again
- downloaded 185 file
- scan satellite 118
- shows channels are there (Induian/Pak both )

but still HUB light is RED and BLINKING

Please suugest me any poss solution OR may be HUB is defective ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4981
waqar why don't u try this ,
first of all tell me how many lights are on ur ethernet adapter,
did u configure ur ethernet adapter? ( i am sure ur ethernet adapter came with software),
did u downloaded that software?
let me know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
on router (D Lnk G router) , I have 4 lights on

on KHUB I have 1 RED light only

Gold Member

Post Number: 4982
what about network adapter?
i thought u have network adapter too".I got new K1 plus box yesterday. I connected it with 2 adapters ( 1 with dongle and rcvr and 2nd at where router in basement)".. that is what u posted,
i am sort of confused,
tell me what kind of setup do u have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
sorry sada for misunderstanding.

YES, I am using 2 powerline adapters,
1 with dongle and rcvr and 2nd at where router is , both of them have 2 GREEN LIGHTS (the lower 2 lights)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4984
ok with powrline adapter are all lights are on, i mean is there any light blinking?
i am more likely to think that there is problem with ur power line adapter
3 lights should be on with power line adapter,
i am sure ur set up is like this,
u connected ur powerline adapter to ur wirless router,
what kind of powerline adater do u have?
so i can check it for you...
u have ur rec upstairs , u already connected ur powerline adapter to ur kbox,
all the wires are connected,
but what about the software that came with ur powerline adapter? did u run it on ur computer,
what is rcvr?

why don't u try this go down to basement , just connect ur network cable from khub to ur router and check if u have green light , u don't need a sat cable,
just connect khub with ur rec , this way it will give u idea that if there is problem with ur khub or ur powerline adapter...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Ok SADA I will do that this afternoon.

I really appreciate that

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
KHubs are known to be defective. Mine was and the dealer told me that a few were returned.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
By the way Sada,

th powerline adapters I got a whilte coloured and did not come with a CD/software

Gold Member

Post Number: 4986
ok once u got home etc
let me know the name of adapter and also try what i suggested above so u can easily tell if ur khub is deffective or not so u can return it..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I will let u know for sure.

very kind and thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
sada, the adaptors do not need to be programed as they are plug and play. The Cd is only useful for play stations, pc, etc. If all lights are green on the powerline line adaptor, it is ok.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4989
no problem waqar
neil i had similar problems with adapter some kind u have to scan the 2nd adapter ,
yes if all lights are on it should be "ok"
and i actually spend 2-3 hrs figuring out what was wrong with my adapter and the simple solution was plug them directly in to wall outlet,
i was plugging them in to my extension cord and i wasn't getting any connection but when i put them directly in to outlet bang they were working right away.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
I have a power outlet behind the TV- so 1 adapter goes in there

at the router side I have a wall outlet where i put a 6 outlet square (not an extension) socket plugged into wall- 1 of that outlet I am using for other power adapter... Is that OK

OR both power adapters have to be strictly on the wall outlets

Post Number: 3
Dear Sada
i have post my inqirey to Kiran "so you mean at 61.5 i can watch only two channels and for other indian channels i have to point my dish at 118 is that right? and i dont understand the special 119/118 Lnb is there any specieal LNBs in the market to support these sat.. Please adivise" but i think he is not online can u help me in this regard.

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
It is a low freq circular lnb. Just ask the dealer you want an lnb for 118 / 119

Post Number: 4
Thank you neil. so i would be able to watch indian channel only at 118 not at 61.5 with this LNB. right? right now i have sat 61.5 and only two indian channel that are 716 and 718 comming. Please reply..

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
You also have to get a 33 inch dish, point it at 118 with (118/119) lnb and scan 118. You should get Indian channels with KBox. 18 inch dish is weak depending on where you are, but I would rather get 33 inch and get over with it. They are cheap

Gold Member

Post Number: 4991
raj kapoor neil is right
but depending on location , u might be able to get 118.8 with smaller dish too but i won't recommend it
i was able to get 118.7 signal with atleast 33 inch dish but some people got it with 18 inch dish.
so it depends on location/trees etc
also u have to move the dish to 118.8 in order to watch indian/pak channels,

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3152
waqar,
both powerline adopters have to be plugged directly into wall.no surge protector.

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3153
Raj Kapoor,
check this out,that is what you need

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
sada I will do it and then let you know

thanks a lot

Post Number: 5
dear Sada and neil
Thanks for ur reply. I would like to mention here that i am getting all the Indian channel (TPs) while i scaned at 61.5 but none of them working instead of Star Plus and Star World , chinees and others, but for other Indian Channels am getting the message " Conneting" Please wait.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
I have 2 computers linked through router.. which IP address I will use

I have one which is attached to router . on that computer IP is 168.92.1.100 and other computer downstairs IP add is 99.128.78.25.

whcih one should I use .

Gold Member

Post Number: 5003
raj k1plus is working only on 1118.7 dish for indo/pak channels,
waqar u don't need to use any ip adress change just change the coonnection mode to dhcp,
reboot ur hub,
ur hub is smart enough it will automatically detect ip adress

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
thanks sada

Post Number: 6
thank you Sada

tomorrow i will try to set my dish at 118 and one more thing i need to make sure from you is that i will be using the same LNB which i have right now at 61.5 or need to get special LNB for 118. Please reply

Gold Member

Post Number: 5004
special lnb for 118.7
just ask the dealers and where ever u are buying tell them u wanna get 118.7 and they will give u lnb

look at this pic
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/board-profile.pl?action=editpost&postid=1 485758&page=2/459196

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
Transat ElectronicsHome
Toronto · Brampton · Newmarket · Oshawa
118.7° LNB
118 / 118.7 LNB's are used mainly for ANIK F3 or 118.7. They have a LO frequency of 10.750 GHz. Note: these LNB's are circular polarization and can also be used for all DBS/DSS type satellites including 61.5, 82, 91, 110, 119, 129, 148, etc

Product Image Item Name- Price
118° (Circular 10750) single LNB $8.99 USD

Add to Cart

118° (Circular 10750) dual LNB $13.50 USD

Add to Cart

118° (Circular 10750) dual SQUARE LNB $16.20 USD

Add to Cart

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Hi Sada and Africanbrit,

I really wants to tank u guys, the other day when I plugged the 2 poerline adapters with Wall outlets specifically,

Everything was fine , I am geting Indian/Pak channels. Great work and help appreciated

Just that I am not getting GEO NEWS, QTV, STAR ONE AND STAR PLUS, all others are there. I

f you can please give me TPs for it .

Gold Member

Post Number: 5018
waqar u are welcome,
for geo news its 11806 v 20000
i am not getting qtv
starone 11959, v 20000
star plus 11959,v 20000
do the same method as i mentioned in other thread

Post Number: 7
HI sada
thanksk for advise me. can u please tell me how to set up the dish with kbox reciever and which Satlite i will go for.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5020
if u wanna watch indo /pak channels u need to move ur dish to 118.7 dish with atleast 33 inch and special lnb..
when u have these and when u get the signals i will show u step by step for downloading files etc,
let me know..

Post Number: 8
HI sada
i tried to point the dish but nothing i see. can u just advised how to find the 118.7 and before i tried again what are the reciver settings to get the signals.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5022
oh ok
on menu dishsetting, 118.7 sat name
lnb power on
lnb type single
lnb freq 10750
lnb 22 khz off
disec 1.0= 2
last 2 items are off..
if u go to menu , under option there is option for beep on scan turn it on, what this will do is that when u go outside and move the dish once u get the signal noise will changel..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us