Samsung dlp trouble

Username: Stanman00

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
here is my story i m in canada and bought a samsung hls6186w dlp tv from leons ive had this tv for 14 months did not get extendid warranty big mistake that will never happen again one night it just shut off i tried to turn back on heard a squeeling from it tried to turn itself on a couple of times but no go then just shut off so i waited a bit say 10 min i turned it on and it worked picture came but then it just went black still had sound for a few seconds then it shut off tried to turn back on heard the squeeling again tried to turn itself on again a couple of time then off changed the lamp same thing so icall tech he comes says its the lamp so he tries to change it quess what didnt work what goof this clown was now its a color wheel ballast and lamp hes says all by just listening to it cant belive all three parts are bad tried to get some help from samsung but there goofs too wont help at all tvs only 14months im gonna fix it myself any help would be greatthanx

Username: Tphanich

San Diego, CA US

Post Number: 5
Totally sounds like the color wheel. A friend had the same problem and had to replace the color wheel and housing. A good website for that is SamsungParts.com or Discount-Merchant.com. It definitely doesn't sound like the lamp. The tech you talked to is trippin'. Color wheels are like 90 bucks or so, lamps a litte more, so I'd try the color wheel before the lamp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us