DiSEq Switch Help

Bronze Member
Username: Farmboy491

Post Number: 21
I have a ViewSat Ultra and I am trying to add a dish to get BEV. Currently I have a feed from a four bedroom Dik setup that uses a separator at the PVR. I have an extra feed that would go to another dual receiver requiring a separator switch at the STB. I currently feed that cable into my Viewsat Ultra WITHOUT the separator and set the DiSEq switch settings to port 1 and 2 and get both Echo 7 & 8 no prob. Now I want to add a BEV setup-up. I've tried running the dual feet without the separator into to the external DiSq switch box, I've tried adding the separator in front and behind the DiSEq switch box on all ports. I've tried splitting the feed from the Dik Lnb and feeding directly into the STB and also splitting and feeding into different ports on the external DiSEq switch box. I've split and fed into two ports on DiSEq and set ports to none in config. No luck. In any event, I cannot seem to get the VS-Ultra to detect Echo 7 and Echo 8 simultaneously. It wants to stay locked on whatever the last satellite I was watching regardless of if trying to get Echo 7 or 8 in antenna setup.

Does anybody know how to setup a DP-Twin with Separator with the External DiSEq switch and add a third satellite for BEV and feed that mess into a VS-Ultra or similar. I may be SOL, but thought someone may know how. I think the dual feed DP-Twin LNB's with separator is causing me the grief, as the DiSEq doesn't know how to handle the switching..

At this time I may play with BEV using a stand alone dish and manually switch the cables unless someone knows how to do it using the switch's.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1633
so you want to get 3sats right and to how many receivers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I know its a long post and I tried to be specific. Basically, 3 sats using 2 cables, 1 DiSEq switch. Once again, the seperator for Dik to make one cable good for 2 STB's may be a prob. The cable is feeding for 2 STB's, I need it for only one. If I put the separator inline, then Ultra will not lock both Echo 7 &8 at same time. If leave out DiSEq switch, and set Ultra settings to DiSEq port 1 and 2 , then get both fine.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2394
Farm
I have no idea what yo trying to do

But let me know if this helps
Install a 0/22k Switch to combine between DN/BEV
Connect each output from each dish like shown photo
In antenna installation
Set DN to On
Set BEV to Off
To match coax config

Yo can use more than one 0/22k to each receiver

Upload

If it doesn't work reverse on with off and off with on in antenna installation make sure receiver remains off when changing coax cables.
If yo ever need me to help
Yo must list your hardware...no stories

Bronze Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 66
Just think of your lnb as diseq port1 119 port2 110 or 4 cables 119-110-119-110 assuming they are DP or DP+.Then Your switch diseq 1-2-3-4.Your VS can only do 1 diseq switch so the one in your lnb wont work therefor dosnt switch.Thats the difference between diseq 1.2 and 2.0. Your other units are 2.0.You might solve this with a sw switch as your box can handle 1 diseq and 1 sw

Bronze Member
Username: Thadragun

Kingston, Ontario

Post Number: 54
*** When you connect your switch make sure you shut off your receiver and turn off the LNBs before you hook up the cables.

If you don't you can blow your switch out and then you'll have to buy a new one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Ok after reading your second post you need 3 cables to switch then 2nd stb from loop through on VS but boxes will fight over the switch and both must watch channels on same sat.

Bronze Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 57
Semore Butt
I see you have return with another new nick

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Should have did this first. Thanks for input all. Maybe this will clarify. Once again the DP-twin is feeding the VS-Ultra without a separator know. If I put separator inline with VS, can't lock more than one sat at a time. Need to get DP-twin and another dish as shown to Ultra to get 3 sats. PLZ note question on switching on my desired config. THX

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Ya the prob is the DP twin makes 2nd diseq switch. Box sends one blanket message "open diseq port1,2,3 or4" so DP lnb never gets signal.If you used all DP lnb you could use sw21 and be like (diseq1-2+sw1)+(diseq1-2+sw2) or if you had all legacy you could go just the opposite as legacy are like sw switches.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2395
Now I see what yo trying to do
Yo'll have polarity conflicts like crazy
2 Twins on one DISEqC will switch everytime yo change channels on a certain polarity
No solutions to twins
Simply can't combine 2 twins on any DISEqC switch
22k switch won't work either
The reason why Twin LNB has a built in 22k sw and a 2 or 3 Internal input DISEqC
Yo can try it on input 3 and 4 of your DISEqC Sw instead of 1&2
However I never tried it

This is what I'll do:
On your remote use SAT button
Select either BEV package or Echo package

Another word
Everytime yo want to watch BEV select it on SAT button
Everytime yo want to watch DN select Echo on SAT button
Avoid using All satellites as this will not be regulated by a specific switch control

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Thanks KT, I knew someone would see my dilemma. Is there anyway to use the unseparated feed from the dp-twin with the other legacy single coax feed for BEV? In other words, can I use the 4 way DiESq switch to feed the unseparated DP-Twin for DIK (Two sat feeds on one coax) and also the single feed for BEV. (i.e. feed unseparated DIK feed in say DiESq port 1, and BEV feed in say port 3 or 4?) Or will I just have to manually switch?

Thanks Dude!

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2396
There are many ways to get what yo looking for
However
List me all your hardware
I'll get yo exact config that works best

List me all sats (i.e. 82/91/110/119 etc.)
List all dishes used
List all types of LNBs yo got with how many outlet etc.
Receiver brands and how many PVR dual tuner or single
DISEqC switches
Number of coaxial yo are runing to your house

Give me a complete list
And see what I can come up with

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Fingered it out.

Did away with the 4 way DiESq switch. Ran the DP-Twin (Unseparated) into the Dish-1 of a SW21,(Gives me DIK 110 & 119), and the NMiQ 91 (BEV) into the Dish-2 of the SW-21 to get the BEV. Then under Antenna setup of the ULTRA, I setup 110 as follows (DiESq Port-1, SW-21-Dish1) and 119 as (DiESq Port-2, SW-21-Dish1) and for the grand finalli, I setup NMiQ-91 as (SW-21 Dish2 with no DiESq port). Budda Bing, Budda boom. Got both Dik and Bev.

Thanks all for input. The reads were good and gave me some food for thought.

Hope this helps someone else with same probs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Anbody else had success with this?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
This worked. Could even do 4 satellite system this way using sw21 and internal DiESq LNB's on second Satellite(s)

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us