Problem with 110 & 119

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
I had two birds 110 & 119 loaded thru the dieqc, port 1 and 2. If I unplug one from the dieqc then I can watch the other but If I have them all connected, I will loose the first bird that was loaded.

I don't know what I did wrong. Can some one give me a glue ? Please

Bronze Member
Username: As400

Post Number: 30
let me try to help... are you using two LNBs?

Silver Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 140
Jane Lan, I am a noob, but, have you tried eliminating disq. swtch altogether? Are U using a twin lnb(DP), if you are then you don`t need sw. If you want guru help, then list what you`re using:sats, swtch,stb,dish,lnb`s,ect, and they will Guide you.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 731
Sure sounds like a BAD disque switch to me..especially IF the switch allows 1 cable signals in,but NOT both..and it doesn't matter which cable is unplugged..spend $6 get another switch..

Anonymous

unplug the receiver when screwing around changeing disq switch connections...your receiver dectects the first conection...suprised u haven't shorted it out

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
Thks for quick respond IBM and Thehitch

I am using dish pro 500 with 2 lnbs. One is 110 and the other is 119. The lines were connected to the 4x1 dieqc sw, line 1 for 110 and line 2 for 119. All channels from the two birds were scan alright and I can watch all these channels seperately. It is just when I connected them together with the dieqc sw, I would loose one bird.

Say, if I unplug the 110, I can watch 119 and vice versa, unplug the 119, I can watch 110.

I thought it might be the sw but I had tried with two other sw's, I got the same problem.

So .... ??? help ... help ... Pllllease ...

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
Additional, after I scan the 110, I did turn off the receiver and continue with the 119.

Thks for all the helps

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 622
@Jane Lan

How about the diseq settings on your receiver? is 110 set to diseq #1 and 119 to diseq #2?

If that doesn't work plug the 119 into 1 and 110 into 2 and make sure you change the diseq settings on your box accordingly.

Also set the 22khz to ON for 119 and to OFF for 110.

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
I had 110 on #1 then scan. Unplug receiver, unplug #1. Plug line 2 for 119, turn on receiver then scan for 119 (tp 3). Receiver changed accordingly, 1 and 2.

I did not pay attention to 22khz on or off. Will check.

Silver Member

Post Number: 732
WOW...did this original post sure change...much info was left out and misleading,like the ports 1-2 and receiver was configured corrcetly and no mention of unplugging cables when scans..

this is the reason people waste other peoples time...no detailed info until U become a dentist and have to EXTRACT it!

Bronze Member
Username: As400

Post Number: 34
make sure each sat is set with the right coorespondent diseq port # as well.

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
receiver: 2700a
Dish pro w/ 2 lnb's
Diseqc 4x1
signal for both birds 90 - 95%

This was my procedures

1. connect 110 on line 1 of diseqc
2. changed receiver to diseqc port 1
3. scan 110
4. unplug receiver and line 1 on dieqc
5. plug 119 one line 2
6. turn on receiver
7. change 22khz to "on"
8. change receiver diseqc port to "2"
8. change tp to "2" (to get signal)
9. scan 119

Now, I can watch 110 with 119 plug in but 119 show "no signal". If I disconnect 110, then I can watch 119.

replace sw with two other sw's ... no different

Now what ???

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
@Jane Lan

Is there a reason why you keep unplugging the cable for each blind scan?

Plug everything in, 119 to 1, 110 to 2, on receiver 119 diseq #1 22 khz to ON, 110 diseq #2 22khz to OFF.

Then when you're blind scanning just select the appropriate sat, you don't have to unplug anything.

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
1. 110 to #1 of diseqc, 22khz off, rec set to 1
2. 119 to #2 of diseqc, 22khz on, rec set to 2
3. both lines plug in diseqc

scan 110 no problem
scan 119 problem, it picks up 110 channels. This was the reason I unplug 110 when scanning 119.

Silver Member

Post Number: 627
@Jane Lan

Try reversing the inputs, 119 to 1, 110 to 2, don't forget the diseq sett. on the box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 628
@Jane Lan

Leave the 22khz settings as is.

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Dayton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 144
jane, do not use diseqc 1x4 box, you don't need it on a dish pro lnb system. the dish pro already has a switch in it.

Dishpro lnbfs are erronously being reported as not usable with Fta receivers because of internal switch. this is not true. You can use them with no additional switch needed. The only time you will need to use an additional switch is when adding a second dish to your system.

Pro lnbfs have a built in DISEQC switch not a sw21 as the legacy twin has. You can easily identify pro lnbfs by a large black Dish Pro label on back of lnb unit. All that is needed to use this lnbf is to connect 1 cable from lnbf to rcver. Each output on this lnbf carries both 110 and 119 signals. The different outs are for connecting additional rcvrs. So there is just one cable going to house.

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
htlt3

switching port .... no different. I can load all channels from the two birds and watch the channel seperately (meaning unplug one). As I plug them together to the diseqc, I will loose the signal from the first scanning.

firewalker
Unregistered guest
Jane, I had the same problem with my 2700a and switch I move my switch from the dish to the back of the tv and rescaned the birds it works fine now.It seems that it had trouble controlling the switch when I had it at the dish it maybe to far from the receiver.

Anonymous

Jane Lan for the last time U DO NOT NEED TO USE A DISQ SWITCH with DISHPRO LNBs change all tps to V then scan...or load a Dishpro channel list

Silver Member

Post Number: 629
This is what Jane Lan posted in one of her posts above: "I am using dish pro 500 with 2 lnbs."

Assuming it is 2 dual lnbs and not a DP twin, you'll HAVE to use the diseq switch.

@Jane Lan

Is it 2 separate (dual) lnbs or one twin (2 lnbs in 1 casing)?

Dual:
Upload

DP Twin:
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 737
This should be simple..First try a simple REBOOT of receiver (Back of receiver,power off,wait 2 min,power on,turn to channel 300)...if this doesn't fix problem then next..

Remove ALL/BOTH cables from switch and run ONLY 1 cable direct to receiver..if BOTH 110-119 come in,then its a DP twin and no switch is needed..and the 2nd cable is intended for a 2nd receiver only

If it does not work, then its a bad disque switch and these are 2 single or dual LNB's..which was first reply because it was stated she was using a disque (implying single or duals) and DP or twin was never mentioned..and the implication was she had proper remote config

This is assuming your scans and remote configs are done properly..

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
It is a dish 500 with 2 separate LNB's, NOT twin.

As you can see, I have tried any which way I know but I can not get it to work .... My poor soul!!! Hic ... Hic ... Hic ...

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
got it .... got it ...

HAVE YOUR DISEQC CLOSER TO THE RECEIVER

Thanks to Firewalker

Jane Lan
Unregistered guest
got it .... got it ...

HAVE YOUR DISEQC CLOSER TO THE RECEIVER

Thanks to Firewalker
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums