Sony WEGA 610s vs 620s

Want to buy a new TV
Unregistered guest
Has the lamp issue resolved in the Sony 620s series? I'm talking with reference to the Sony 42" Wega (KF42WE620) that I want to purchase. I just want to know if the number of reports has decreased with the release of 620s. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 54
To the best of my knowledge, there is very little difference between the 610 and 620. Actually, I thought they were the same set, just renamed because one of them was sold mostly in Canada. Don't quote me on that though.

What I do know is that the newer KDF-42WE655 is supposed to have a better lamp ballast than the 610 or 620 models. This seems to hold true as there have been way fewer reports of early bulb failure on the 655.

Want to buy a new TV
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the reply. So, the 655 is even better then... Ok. Do you happen to know if Sony's extended warranty cover replacement bulbs? I've been trying to talk to some reps on the phone and on the web. The ones on the web are retarded and don't know anything. The ones on the phone have different answers. Some say it does cover replacement, some say it doesn't. All it says in the extended warranty contract is that it covers parts and labour.

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 55
Here's a link to another thread that will help answer your question on the bulb replacement. To sum it up, nowhere in the warranty details does it say that the bulbs are covered, as a matter of fact, it states that consumable items are not covered, but it does not mention that bulbs are not covered. Go to this thread and read about 30 posts up from the bottom. There is a post from "Nancy Hawaii". She stated that someone on an online chat told her that the bulb was covered. I would try posting a question to her to see if she has any more info...
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/126951.html

HDF-
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us