Big, Black HDTV under 3000?

Username: Catboy17

Post Number: 1
Hi. I'm shopping for a bigscreen hdtv, but I'm really unsure of what to get. Basically my requirements are a black (or at least mostly black, and not silver), large hdtv that has it's own cabinet (as in no stand or anything), preferably on wheels. The maximum I would spend is 3000, and I think I would like a CRT RPTV, as some of the others are out of the price range, and I've heard DLP can have weird color wheel issues (although no burn in would be very nice, so I would still consider it). I was offered a floor model (not used too much) Pioneer 53 inch CRT RPTV for 3000, but I would prefer not to spend this much and 53 inches seems like it might be too small. Have any of you guys used a tv like this, and is it worth the extra cost? I was also offered a Pioneer 64 inch for 3500, but I think this is both too big and too expensive. I'm normally sitting about 8.5 feet away from the tv, so I was thinking a 57 inch tv would be ideal (although if anyone thinks this is too big let me know). Unfortunately, a 57 inch pioneer is not an option. I would prefer to spend less than them anyway, and I've been looking at other brands. Is Pioneer better than anything else or are they comparable (the other brands are certainly cheaper). I will probably only order from a fairly well-known store. On Circuit City's website I saw a 57" Hitachi 57F710S for 1899, which seems like a good price. Does anyone have any experience with this model? Would I be missing anything by getting this instead of the Pioneer, or alternatively would I be gaining anything? Also, from the pics it's pretty difficult to tell exactly what color it is. If it is actually silver, I would not get it. I could live with a slate gray, though. Does anyone have any recommendation between these two, or recommendations for any other tvs that fit these specifications? Also, is 57 too big, or just right or what? It's hard to tell from looking at it and all of the guidelines for it seem to conflict with each other. Sorry for such a long post, and thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any advice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us