Digital Cable

Anonymous

I am looking for some help Comcast is changing my current analog cable to digital and have informed me that each TV will have to have its own box. Seems to me that if I have 1 box installed at the entry source and split the signal there I could send the digital signal to all my TV receivers.. Am I dreaming or is Comcast trying to get the better of me by charging $4 per month for every box 7 required...
Thanks

fx
Unregistered guest
The cost of the cables might cause you to change your mind. Unless all your TV's are stacked on top of each other.

xvxvxvx

Username: Rhaller

Ann Arbor, Mi USA

Post Number: 1
the house is already wired for cable.. it just seems to me that 1 box split 7 times is better than 7 boxes at $4 per month for the long term.

grfunk
Unregistered guest
We have Insight here and they have what they claim to be digital cable. I don't use the box because I don't care about the TV guide, pay channels or VOD. You might want to ask some questions about Digital Cable. You should be able to go without the cable box as long as you use the basic service and you don't want all the glits. You can also use the box on your main TV after you spit the signal to all the other TVs.

phart buster
Unregistered guest
The funkster is right. Go with the funk.

Username: 4u2ges

Post Number: 8
You sure can split it (specifically if you have cabling in place). The down side having a single box is, that you can only watch a single channel on all TV's at a time and no stereo sound... unless you do not care about digital and ditch the box at all as grfunk suggested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us