DVD connections

Username: Finnigan

Post Number: 1
I am getting a Sony 42 plasma EDTV. It comes with one HDMI connection and component, s-video and composite, but no DVI. It also has right/ left non digital audio inputs. I have a Denon avr-2802 with the highest quality video input and output being component. It also has both optical and coaxial digital audio. Is there any reason I can't run the DVD video with DVI through a DVI to HDMI adapter directly to the TV and only run the digital audio through the receiver? I would think this would give the best picture and sound with my 6.1 home theatre setup.
Thanks for any ideas.

Mike Larson
Unregistered guest
You can puchase a DVI to HDMI cable, I know Monster brand makes one. This would allow you get the HDMI/DVI picture to your TV. Now, as far as your audio you should run an optical cable from your DVD player to your receiver. You should plug this into the DVD slot on your Denon. Then when you want to watch a DVD you put the reciever on DVD, and set you TV input to Video 5(or whatever your HDMI port is). This way you'll have all digital piture with amplified sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us