Kenwood VR-6070: Sub-out "thump" when changing modes...

OzzyDog
Unregistered guest
About 2 months ago I noticed a loud 'thump' from the sub whenever the 6070 changes DSP mode, input, or anything! I hoped it was the sub, but after swapping out for another sub, and changing cables, etc, it seems the problem is the 6070 itself...please has anyone else suffered anything like this, and if so was there a simple solution or setting that I've screwed up somehow.

Any help appreciated.

Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 29
I have never heard this problem before with my 6070 and sub. Maybe you have a lemon?

Username: Ozzydog

Post Number: 1
Yeah, that was my fear...so has anyone 'enjoyed' the Kenwood repair service before - how quickly do repairs get turned around?

Username: Project6

Post Number: 65
their service is pretty good, I turned in a kenwood car stereo for warranty work and they said 4-6 weeks but i got mine back in 2. Didn't cost me a cent, just had to pay for sending it and they paid on the way back. good luck
cheers

Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 39
Ozzy,
Is it in all modes? I just noticed today, probably because I was listening for it, i could hear kind of a thump from my sub. It was at a very low level, and only happened when switching between listen modes and stereo. You can barely hear that, how can you call that annoying?

If I get it too, yours must not be a lemon, so what subwoofer cable are you using? Try attaching the sub pre-out to the center pre-out and switching modes, did you still get a thump? That was the only way I could get rid of the thump.

Hope that helps!

G.DawG

Username: Ozzydog

Post Number: 2
G.DawG,

Yes it happens in all modes, but unfortunately this is not something subtle! What I get is a nice loud 'bthumpth!!!' whenever the receiver switches say from PLII to Dolby Digital or from DSP mode to another, or from one input to another - I think I have a lemon and it will have to go to the menders...

OzzyDog
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us